What's new

Poor Man’s travel brush roll- medicine bottle

Not sure if I came across this idea here or elsewhere, (I haven’t had an original thought since the 80’s) but decided to try the medicine bottle travel brush storage idea when I finally emptied what appeared to be a lifetime supply of Ibuprofen from a surgery three years ago. Took it to the garage and drilled vent holes in the bottom and the cap. Looks like a great way to travel with a brush, keep it ventilated if damp and keep all your bristles protected and perfectly formed. I’m surprised I haven’t come across someone selling something like this. I can’t imagine a better container for this use and it certainly makes more sense than buying $40-$60 piece of leather roll for a brush that cost a fraction as much, moisture will never be a problem and I think this will actually work a lot better. 24 badger in pic.

Attachments

• IMG_2510.jpeg
    IMG_2510.jpeg
    976.9 KB · Views: 12

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Simpsons sell them...at Simpsons' prices. They have at least 3 sizes. When I bought a Classic 1 synthetic brush it came with the tube. It was Simpsons' first foray into synthetic brushes; I think it was around 2015 or 2016 when I bought it. Took some time for it to grow on me, but it is still my travel brush. I later bought a Classic 1 in two band SiLVERTiP on a Black Friday sale, and they sent it in another travel tube. I don't know whether that is standard procedure, or if it's because Anna at Simpsons finds me irresistible.

The pill bottle idea is awesome as a travel container. It allowed me to securely take my wee scott to many places around the globe when I traveled for work

IMG_7857.jpeg

Top Bottom