What's new

Poor man's tools (update)!

Hello again gents,

The following pictures demonstrate my newest creations.

Basically from a crappy looking brush stand to 2 pretty looking, nicely finished stands.

Big thanks to Xezmer and the fraternity! :euro:

Enjoy guys.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

BTW, please disregard the mach 3 blades in the last picture.
These were my previous tools - not anymore!!!

I was wondering why you made the brush holders so high...then I saw the picture of your storage cabinet and it all made perfect sense!

Good work - inventive and very practical!

- Bill

Nice work! Those look great!

I was wondering why you made the brush holders so high...then I saw the picture of your storage cabinet and it all made perfect sense!

Good work - inventive and very practical!

- Bill

Thanks for the support guys!
The nicest thing about these stands is that I don't have to buy expensive stands from Ebay (shipping and the works)!
Saving money with decent looks!!

And yes, they are high :lol:, but I thought maybe I could maximize space! :thumbup1:

First you find a coat hanger that attracts you (I found a very thick wire hanger that was coated with a white plastic tube).

You do not need it to be thick: a thin gauge steel wire is still sufficient (look for my other thread "poor man's tools" and you'll see other members stuff).

Then just be creative: the idea took me 3minutes and the making took me 5 minutes!

I was instantly inspired by another member's holders and derived my models from his.

Honestly, it's child's play. I advise you to practice on one before attempting to make a final product.

It's easy, just be creative, and bend it the way you like.

Good luck!:thumbup1:

Remember that it should be a coat hanger type thickness.

There's some very thin wire that is use for crafts and flowers: avoid these.

Just grab a coat hanger and you will know what you want.:thumbup1:

Great idea Carlo :thumbup1: I just whipped one up myself fairly quickly. It's not super pretty but along the same lines as yours. My only problem at the moment is my bristles hit a bit when I hang it or take it off the holder. When I get some more time I'll play around a bit with some designs (hopefully). Although I will say your hanger looks considerably thicker than a standard coat hanger. Just out of curiosity what/where did you get that little rubber stopper on the end?

What I did with mine for the time being was left that side a bit longer and just curled it around so the cut edge of the hanger didn't hit the handle at all. If I can easily locate something to put around the end (besides like electrical tape) I can always cut the curl part off and put something like you have on it.

Great idea Carlo :thumbup1: I just whipped one up myself fairly quickly. It's not super pretty but along the same lines as yours. My only problem at the moment is my bristles hit a bit when I hang it or take it off the holder. When I get some more time I'll play around a bit with some designs (hopefully). Although I will say your hanger looks considerably thicker than a standard coat hanger. Just out of curiosity what/where did you get that little rubber stopper on the end?

Yes Fletch,

Actually I kinda got lucky cause I found this coat hanger in my closet and it is very thick! Also those rubber stops belonged to the coat hanger (for both ends).

So your guess is as good as mine.

Also, my brushes touch the hanger aswell, so I take them out with my left hand while holding the hanger with my right.

It's not perfectly engineered, and possibly a pirate's design.:biggrin1:

cheers.

Top Bottom