What's new

Pondering a Schick Injector

Anyone here have any thoughts on the Schick Injectors? I was thinking about picking one up cheap on the bay, just to try one out. Any thoughts?

I will hopefully be getting a Type E soon. Are the blades sold at CVS or Walgreens any good? If not, what is a recommended source of blades?

Nice move, Guido.

My wife bought an 11 blade cartridge from CVS
proxy.php
and they're not bad. Possibly even the same as from EMS but it's hard to tell. The CVS seem to be the most reasonably priced of the brick and mortar options in the U.S. You can get a 20 blade cartridge of the EMS blades for $10.95 shipped from this guy.

- Chris

Last edited:
This is why this is such a killer forum. Good people, good times.

Agreed. I have met more quality people here than I can count.

I tried injectors at the advice of another member and now my injector is in regular rotation. I was lucky to find some nice Schick Platinum Plus and Personna 74 blades on the bay for cheap -- and they give outstanding shaves. Of course, I've now contracted a major flare up of IAD.

Happy shaves!

I regularly shave with an injector as a change of pace. I do differ in my appraisal of the CVS blades. I did not find them of good quality, and was able to find Schick injector blades sold in a local grocery store. The Schick blades (Chinese made) are much better imo. The blades are sharper and more even and the injector easily allows loading of a blade.

Last edited:
I regularly shave with an injector as a change of pace. I do differ in my appraisal of the CVS blades. I did not find them of good quality, and was able to find Schick injector blades sold in a local grocery store. The Schick blades (Chinese made) are much better imo. The blades are sharper and more even and the injector easily allows loading of a blade.

What local grocery store did you find them in? I am in Arlington, so I can probably find them here as well.

Schick is still manufacturing blades, you can get them on Amazon or Drugstore.com. They are pretty darn good. Ted Pella's are excellent as well. Everyone should own an E Type. They can be pretty nasty though, aggressive like a cornered Badger. But I'll tell you, it will give you the damn closest shave! And nimble as all heck. Have fun. Guido, you're going to get canonized. I think we should rename this site to "Guido's Place".

Schick Injectors are a great concept. I have a few and use regulary. No pressure when using though or you'll cut yourself.

I particularly like the bakelite handled earlier models or the alloy 'Type B'

I have a Type B (1920s) that is a 'real' autoloader - pull back and then push forward to eject old blade and load a new one from an internal magazine! it all still works perfectly.

Fantastic for 90 years ago, way ahead of it's time.

Nice move, Guido.

My wife bought an 11 blade cartridge from CVS
proxy.php
and they're not bad. Possibly even the same as from EMS but it's hard to tell. The CVS seem to be the most reasonably priced of the brick and mortar options in the U.S. You can get a 20 blade cartridge of the EMS blades for $10.95 shipped from this guy.

- Chris

Those appear to be the American Safety Razor blades. They are routinely marketed under the drug store name.

What local grocery store did you find them in? I am in Arlington, so I can probably find them here as well.

I buy them at Market Street Grocery in McKinney, TX, which is about 30 miles northeast of Dallas and a haul from Arlington. There may be one much closer to Arlington and you can find locations on the Market Street/United Web Site. Senk me a PM if you have trouble finding them.

Last edited:
The early injectors with the bakelite handles are 'da bomb.' Aggressive shavers, but easy to manipulate. I like the Schick-branded blades I got from drugstore.com. They're sharp and they hold their edge through about 6 shaves (3 passes each shave).

I locked-in with a Schick N-type and the NOS Plus Platinum blades so feel no need to go experimenting, but I appreciate hearing other gents' experiences with other models and blades.

Top Bottom