What's new

Pomades

I love my Uppercut Deluxe pomade but the scent can be quite strong and overpower any AS I use.

Any recommendations for a (water-based) pomade that might have a less intense scent or is close to unscented?
Hair.jpg

This one has little scent and works very nicely. It’s a bit softer than most and could probably be used in dry hair.
CEAF0907-21E0-4135-932F-818FDFA23993.jpeg

This one is harder and stronger but the scent is also. Although the scent is great. All of these are on Amazon.
1B6833CD-ABE3-46CF-9FF9-13315FA72E53.jpeg

I use a few on the stache, and only the ones I got in my birch box samples. Hanz De Fuko and Billy Jealousy both seem to work well for me.

This one is harder and stronger but the scent is also. Although the scent is great. All of these are on Amazon. View attachment 1069939
[/QUOTE

Got to agree about amazon. I was after a decent pomade as my hair needs a little more control than Brylcreeme can give. I tried all the usual places but amazon came up the cheapest, unusual I know. Ended up ordering a brand called mobster, uk

REUZEL!
In water base, you can choose from medium hold/high shine (red), strong hold/high shine (blue), clay matte medium hold/no shine (white), extreme hold/matte (my favorite - gray), and a fibre pomade/low shine (dark blue)!
All are light, clean scents.
Reuzel also makes amazing grease based pomades too!

Take it from a pompadour wearin' hair nut! This product line is off the hook!

reuzel_red_pomade-min_900x.pngreuzel_blue_pomade-min-1_900x.pngreuzel_claymatte_pomade-min-1_540x.pngreuzel_extreme_pomade-min_9012b610-900a-45eb-821f-404bfa58ce9e_540x.pngReuzel__Fiber_Pomade_4oz_113g_540x.jpg

I have tried a number of pomades and Uppercut is still my favourite. I have tried Reuzel, Suavecito, Tenax, and none have been as good. Oddly, I do use Morgan's original sometimes, but it is very different and likely not what you want.

I find the Uppercut scent very mild and disappears very quickly. Are you using a lot? I use maybe a nickel sized amount. I would prefer it be scentless, but it is not an issue for me.

tried several different ones when getting my hair cut. Used American Crew for awhile and then tried some V76 by Vaugh. The V76 has a pleasant but very mild scent which dissipates quickly. It's water based so it rinses out easily (I don't wash my hair every day), I'm not a fan of waxes... this works well for my needs.
Some may find it pricey at $21 for 2 Oz, I find a little goes a long way and a tub lasts me 6 months.

IMG_9232.jpg

I was using Suavecito's unscented but it looks like it's no longer available on their website. My wife is scent-sensitive and I can't take a chance on any of their scents without some idea of what they smell like or the intensity.

I have tried a number of pomades and Uppercut is still my favourite. I have tried Reuzel, Suavecito, Tenax, and none have been as good. Oddly, I do use Morgan's original sometimes, but it is very different and likely not what you want.

I find the Uppercut scent very mild and disappears very quickly. Are you using a lot? I use maybe a nickel sized amount. I would prefer it be scentless, but it is not an issue for me.

I don't know how much the barber uses but I know I pick up the scent for hours after I leave. I don't use much (dab two fingers across the open can) and I find the same thing- it tends to dominate my nose for quite a while. I do like the scent, but if I'm wearing something else it gets lost.

Top Bottom