What's new

Pomades

I recently switched frow using hair gels to pomades. First I tried the real thing, Murray's, Nu Nile, and Royal Crown Hair Dressing but while I found they worked great they are very difficult to wash out. Currently I am using Groom & Clean and/or American Crew Pomade, both work well and easily wash out.

I find the pomades hold my hair well without the stiff feel I get from gels.

Anyone else find products worth mentioning here?

Thanks,

Bumble and Bumble Sumotech is awesome if you can afford the premium price. It runs about $25 for 1.5oz. The 1.5 oz will last me many months because you really only need to use a little bit. Nice matte finish. I think its worth it, though some disagree.

Some of he best Pomades in the world are made by the Fine Cosmetics Co of Japan. They are sold under the label 'Cool Grease' and are imported in to the USA by http://www.henryblaine.com. The "red" label product is fantastic. And these are all water based so they wash out of your hair easily and completely.

Chris

fisherc said:
Some of he best Pomades in the world are made by the Fine Cosmetics Co of Japan. They are sold under the label 'Cool Grease' and are imported in to the USA by http://www.henryblaine.com. The "red" label product is fantastic. And these are all water based so they wash out of your hair easily and completely.

Chris

Chris,

I looked into the Cool Grease line but as I apply pomade to my towel dried hair after a shower I hesitate. I emailed HeryBlaine.com and asked them as the web site states that it must be applied to DRY hair. HB emailed me back that Cool Grease pruducts can not be used on towel dried hair. So that's that.

nteeman said:
I recently switched frow using hair gels to pomades. First I tried the real thing, Murray's, Nu Nile, and Royal Crown Hair Dressing but while I found they worked great they are very difficult to wash out. Currently I am using Groom & Clean and/or American Crew Pomade, both work well and easily wash out.

I find the pomades hold my hair well without the stiff feel I get from gels.

Anyone else find products worth mentioning here?

Thanks,
Hi Neal,
Occassionally I use L'Occitane's Olive paste. Nice, natural. Good for me on BHDs. YMMV

I just started using T&H pomade and I think it is great. It also has a nice but not overpowering scent. You only have to put a little dab and it will hold nicely for the day. I also am using their C.A.R. lotion and like the pomade it has a nice but not overpowering smell.

Bed Head Manipulator is the best gel I've found. It's sold in most salons and is a bit pricey being around $25.00 for a small container but it lasts quite awhile because it doesn't take a lot of product. The salon where I buy mine buys some buy1 get 1 free product around twice a year so I stock up when they have them.

Jerry

My hair has always been too fine for the pomade (I used American Crew Pomade about 10 years ago), but I blew it dry and it looked like my hair just stood up naturally. Since then I've used A.C. Fibre and most recently A.C. Citrus Mint Paste. The mint paste works well into fine hair without clumping it together like the harder, thicker stuff, yet also doesn't weight it down.

I used to have some Aveda products as well, but their earthy fragrance eventually became too much.

Top Bottom