What's new

Pomade as Mustache Wax

The last few days I have been using Murray's Superior pomade for waxing my mustache.
It has been a very good product. The hold is good through the day, and it leaves the mustache looking more natural.

Has anyone else tried a pomade for waxing their mustache?

I have been using Hairgum Strong Pomade for many years. it gives an excellent hold during cold to moderate temperatures.

I read this thread and immediately dropped my tablet and went to give it a try. I found I need a stronger hold, perhaps some Got2B Glued will do the trick. Pomade let's my mustache do weird things.

For a while I was using Got2B Glued and it does provide a rock solid hold. I stopped using it because I found even the slightest bit of moisture and it got mushy.

For a while I was using Got2B Glued and it does provide a rock solid hold. I stopped using it because I found even the slightest bit of moisture and it got mushy.

I have not tried Got2B Glued. Is it water based? I would think that a mustache is an area that will be exposed to lots of moisture, and water-based products will fail.

The petroleum based Murray's holds the shape of my handlebar all day.

For a while I was using Got2B Glued
Last year when I was growing my moustache out, I tried using pomades, including that one, to help train my moustache. I was at a time in my growth that I needed strong hold, and I was in a place (physical location) that I could not find any moustache wax locally, and wasn't there long enough to order.

They did not work. I finally found a tube of clubman wax at a hole in the wall pharmacy and it did the job. Pomades will work if you already have the growth and just need to tame, or help shape it, but not to train.

Top Bottom