What's new

Polsilvers

I really like Polsilvers but find them hard to get. Are they out of production? I am finding GSB’s a decent substitute but I miss the Super Iridiums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They tend to sell out a lot. You can get them on the bay website from sellers in Poland, Bulgaria and elsewhere in Europe.

The going rate is about $30/100 including shipping. Don't pay more than that to con artists saying they are going out of production. That is not true.

Another possibility from the bay of E is NOS Wizamet blades. These are the same blades in a different package. Can be had for $50/250 from a seller there.

Hopefully you use your blades until they are no longer good. If that's the case, buy a tuck or two and wait until the market for them falls. Apparently it fluctuates, with the whole "it's going out of production" hike in price only for a surplus of stock to be found in some little neighborhood market in Bulgaria. They'll never be incredibly cheap, but they sure won't be $30-40 for a 100 blade folder thing. Or buy Wizamets, according to the forum they're the same blade.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just got 400 for $79 on ebay. Hopefully they shown up eventually. And yes, the Wizamets are awesome too.

Polsilver are good blades, but there are plenty of other choices to be had that are as good are better. Personally, I do not think they are worth paying 2-4 times the price of other blades.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Lots of chatter about Wizasilvers around here lately.

I think when all was said and done, I was recently able to source legit PPI Wizamets out of Morocco for @16 cents a blade — delivered. That’s in the ballpark of GSBs and Israeli Reds. And to my face, the Wizamet is a better blade than both of them, and on a par with the later Polsilver variant. I have Polish Wizamets as well, and the PPI ones are not too far off that mark.

That’s what I would chase if I had a thing for PPI Polsilvers: Wizamets out of Morocco.

I don’t think I’d pay 30 cents for any recent or current production DE blade. Maybe for a vintage Schick Platinum Plus during Christmas week. But I have a good stash of those already for my holiday joy.

Top Bottom