What's new

Polsilver super iridium what's next sharpest

Tried the polsilver super iridium first time had nicks thought would try again to finish pack no nicks or cuts great shave

So what I wanted to know what's the next sharpest blade you can buy want to work my way up to the feathers

There is a service called tryablade.com that will let you build your own sampler pack. You might start with two each of: Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette Platinum, 7 O'clock Yellow, Nacet, Perma Sharp Super, Personna Med Prep, BIC Chrome, KAI, Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum. Those are some in the right ballpark.

Last edited:
Don't be afraid of a Feather blade. Use good technique and you will be fine. Just be prepared to use it twice or three times max and toss it. The Feather does not stay sharp. I toss mine after 2 shaves.

If you can use a Polsilver/Wizamet, you can shave with a Feather.

I find that I have a reaction to most Japanese blades I’ve tried

I wondered if the problem was the sheer sharpness of the blade but who knows. Anyway Feathers are not for me.

lots of advice on B and B suggest PERMA SHARP SUPER are almost as sharp as feathers.
They’re my go to blade now. Check them out, but with respect though, they can bite.

brought some good price will try one always seem get nicks when I use a new blade first time did with polsilver but 2nd time was fine
Screenshot_20200427_221451_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Other options to consider: Nacet, GSB, and Kai (at least IMO)! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree with this. imho and on my skin, GSB is very close to Polsilver as far as sharpness, smoothness, and overall subjective feel. Both would be around a 7 or 8 on a subjective sharpness continuum, in my book. Both are about as smooth as a sharp blade could possibly be, at least to me.

Feather is definitely sharper than a Polsilver. Feather has to be classified as a 10 because there's nothing sharper out there.

Nacet is in between. I'd give it a 9 for sharpness. KAI is the same, a 9. Actually, KAI and Nacet, though completely different blades in obvious ways like blade width, are kinda similar for me as far as the shaving experience. I like KAIs better than Nacets but I totally get why Nacets have such a huge fan base.

Another blade in the 9 camp is the Perma-Sharp Super. Pretty similar to a Nacet, and made in the same plant (as is Polsilver). Perma-Sharp Super's problem is that while similar to a Nacet, it isn't quite as good and is more expensive, so its value proposition vis-a-vis the Nacet isn't strong. But it's another one to try.

In the end, it's pretty hard to improve on the Polsilver. I think GSB, Nacet and KAI are the contenders for that difficult challenge. These are the 4 blades I keep stocked in quantity; not a Feather fan.

Gillette super platinum (blacks ) are my go to now Polsilver has gone crazy. They are sharp especially after the first shave, sharp and smoothe. Will be stocking up on these especially in the 10blade packs.

Top Bottom