What's new

PolSilver Super Iridium: First Impressions

84D3A464-7E11-4C50-8C96-35511DE74B28.jpeg
67E5C718-FC9A-4E57-9D15-A8DA2A286287.jpeg
Today was the first day I switched blades in my recently acquired 1958 Gillette Flare Tip, and I chose to use a blade I’ve never used before: the PolSilver (I believe these are Made in Poland).

In addition to a relatively new razor, the other shaving variables were: Proraso pre-shave cream and I face lathered with RazoRock Blue Fougere (its a wonderfully slick and cushioned soap) using a Semogue 1800.

It is a sharp razor. It may be on par or a little sharper than the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword I’ve previously used in this razor. Additionally, it is very smooth— and this was the first shave. Two passes and a few touch ups got me an incredibly DFS (it’s rarely BBS because I don’t like to go against the grain). I did notice that my neck is smoother than it’s been and my face is incredibly smooth, with no nicks, weepers and only minor irritation from the alum

While I want to be able to compare it to a Feather, Astra, Voskhod,GSB, Bic Chrome Platinum and all the others I’ve previously used, I can’t because all of those were done on a Rockwell
2C — a totally different beast.

Polsilver Super Iridium are excellent blades. I'm currently enjoying using Gillette Nacet and Rapira Platinum Lux, both of which I would thoroughly recommend

View attachment 912377 View attachment 912378 Today was the first day I switched blades in my recently acquired 1958 Gillette Flare Tip, and I chose to use a blade I’ve never used before: the PolSilver (I believe these are Made in Poland).

The PolSilver blades used to be made in Poland. When Gillette bought the Wizamet factory they eventually moved production to the St. Petersburg, Russia factory that opened in 2000. like they did with other brand acquisitions, Astra and Nacet (Czech Republic) and Permasharp (Turkey)

The PolSilver blades used to be made in Poland. When Gillette bought the Wizamet factory they eventually moved production to the St. Petersburg, Russia factory that opened in 2000. like they did with other brand acquisitions, Astra and Nacet (Czech Republic) and Permasharp (Turkey)
Thanks. I could not tell because of the Polish on the package. Regardless, great blades.

Though I'm a dedicated SE guy, these were my favorite DE blades until I found Gem blade razors, and injectors, and AC razors. :001_rolle

I recently tried these for the first time and found they were excellent in all regards and seemed to last longer than other blades.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Very nice blades, 1 st shave I might find a little rough and then they settle in for great shaves IMO.
Latest blade review Rev #4 sept 15 2018.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Love the chart. Any reasoning behind the placement top to bottom?
Top blades on the chart are more my favorites and seem to work the best for my beard type, The Schick blade was just added because it is impressive in my Schick E2 and lasts a little longer, they are pricier than DE blades but perform very greatly and give close shaves.

I got a 5 pack from West Coast with an order along with few other blade brands. Had my first shave today and really enjoyed it, looking forward to trying it out in some other razors.

PolSilver SI are great blades for me. Very sharp, yet smooth even with first shave. I can also use them in any razor I own without worrying about about burning, nicks or weepers.

Polsilvers trumps out the Indian Wilkinson on second shave in my Parker Variant. And they can just keep going on from thereon till 8 shaves for my medium coarse beard. Some folks here have ragged them upto 20 shaves!!!

Reactions: nav
I’ve used one PolSilver blade and was super impressed. I think I’ll use my second one in my Futur clone next week while traveling.

I've been wet shaving since 2013, and Polsilvers work better for me than any other blade. No matter what razor it's in, it just works. Pre-war Tech, New Deluxe, Lutz Slant, SuperSpeed, Muhle R41, R89, doesn't matter. It also lasts a full 6 2 pass shaves. Everything else I've tried is done by 3 shaves. A near perfect blade for me. :)

Top Bottom