What's new

Polsilver - Last Batch of 2016?! (I do not think these are fakes)

Thank you everyone else with your kind and constructive feedback. These will now be going in the bin. There is a strong consensus here that these are not genuine and helped changed my mind.
Why would you do that when they shave fine? Maybe they don’t last as long as the nice ones but other than that?

Someone here (sorry, I can't remember who) gave away a couple hundred of them a few months ago. Surprisingly (to me) they all got gone. You could just post it as a PIF (pay it forward) giveaway.

EDIT - I searched and found the giveaway here -

Last edited:
It was @alin that found them on aliexpress awhile ago. Exactly the same blades, just looking at the photos. They're on alibaba for a lot less for those willing to purchase in large quantity. Here's a few screenshots.

china-blades-1.png
china-blades-2.png
china-blades-3.png

To be honest all Chinese blades I bought from AliExpress this year shave surpresing well my NOT COARSE beard.

No shadow of Chinese blades that I bought 10 years ago from DX.COM that shave worse than a piece of broken glass.

Of course I'm totally against counterfeits. But Chinese improving their own brands is a positive thing.

Thank you guys. I have learnt more from the shaving community in the last 24 hours than I have done with what I thought was my own decent research. We all make mistakes but we learn the biggest lessons from these mistakes. So its really beneficial in the long run. I'll be trying out some Wizamets soon.

Thank you guys. I have learnt more from the shaving community in the last 24 hours than I have done with what I thought was my own decent research. We all make mistakes but we learn the biggest lessons from these mistakes. So its really beneficial in the long run. I'll be trying out some Wizamets soon.
As you no doubt noticed from this thread, many of us also unknowingly bought fake Polsilver SIs. Me included. Some of the best known, reputable retailers also stocked them for years and did not know they were fakes - they got them from their regular distributors who also probably didn’t know they were fake. Somehow they had gotten into the retail chain and apparently there was a seemingly never ending supply of Polsilver SI blades ’from 2016’.

The thread here about the suspicions around these blades went on for years until enough evidence was finally assembled to demonstrate that these were fake. The retailers became convinced too and stopped selling them - I guess also because of that thread.

So don’t feel bad. We’ve all been there and done it, even the experts.

My 2p worth and reviving an old thread!

I bought two sets of 100 Polsilvers about 4 years ago (together). I recently finished the first sleeve. I’ve shaved with no other blade having settled on these about 6 years ago. And my wider shave has also settled into the same soap and razor. I get truly great shaves and love how I can go 15-20 shaves on a blade that just gets smoother.

Last week, I opened the first blade from my second sleeve. The glue was loose, the writing looked strange but I cracked on. I managed to cut a one inch line on my cheek on my first with the grain pass. never happened before - a nick at worst, but this was a perfect line that stayed for most of the week. Being a little stubborn, I continued the shave even more carefully. And shaved a second time on the blade the next day. Both shaves (minus the bloody big gash) were average at best. My cheeks were not even bbs and they ALWAYS are.

So I came here, to find these looong threads about fake polsilvers. And yes, my new sleeve has the dodgy boxes, the dodgy blade print and intestingly, the identical batch number and bar code to the other real sleeve boxes I just finished.

Conclusion: definite fakes, inférieur blades and given my gash experience, I’m not risking another of them on my face now I know for sure they are dodgy (and not just a bad blade/tuck).

PPS On a hunt through my supplies, I found 4 tucks of the originals, so that is me sorted for another year at least!

My 2p worth and reviving an old thread!

I bought two sets of 100 Polsilvers about 4 years ago (together). I recently finished the first sleeve. I’ve shaved with no other blade having settled on these about 6 years ago. And my wider shave has also settled into the same soap and razor. I get truly great shaves and love how I can go 15-20 shaves on a blade that just gets smoother.

Last week, I opened the first blade from my second sleeve. The glue was loose, the writing looked strange but I cracked on. I managed to cut a one inch line on my cheek on my first with the grain pass. never happened before - a nick at worst, but this was a perfect line that stayed for most of the week. Being a little stubborn, I continued the shave even more carefully. And shaved a second time on the blade the next day. Both shaves (minus the bloody big gash) were average at best. My cheeks were not even bbs and they ALWAYS are.

So I came here, to find these looong threads about fake polsilvers. And yes, my new sleeve has the dodgy boxes, the dodgy blade print and intestingly, the identical batch number and bar code to the other real sleeve boxes I just finished.

Conclusion: definite fakes, inférieur blades and given my gash experience, I’m not risking another of them on my face now I know for sure they are dodgy (and not just a bad blade/tuck).

PPS On a hunt through my supplies, I found 4 tucks of the originals, so that is me sorted for another year at least!
That’s a bummer! Try some Wizamets to see if they are a suitable replacement for you.

Top Bottom