What's new

polo green and doppelgangers

So as many of you know, I have fallen for the PAA Han Polo, I love it, I use it a ton, well naturally it's no longer available, go figure right. So that got me to thinking is the Stirling Soap "Stirling Green" the same as the PAA Han Polo, I have the Wet The Face Sport of Kings soap, and that's based on Polo Sport, I'm having a tough time putting the puzzle together on if PAA Han Polo is based on Polo Green or not, any and all help here is greatly recommended, as I'm not trying to spend $100 running down the rabbit hole.

If you read through threads here, you'll be astounded at the reactions people have to the same soap. I, for one, love Polo Green (1978), and will always have a bottle. I ordered a puck and splash from Sterling, solely based on comments posted on B&B. I'm waiting on mine to arrive. Sometimes, the only way to know, is to know. It's a fairly inexpensive experiment, and from what I understand, Sterling sends a generous sample.

can you please keep us in the loop on what you think of the Stirling Green, I really like my bottle of PAA Han Polo and to me is one of my favorite scents, if I can get something close to that, I will be a happy man. I guess apparently PAA Han Polo is based on Polo Green but I have no frame of reference on it. I thought Wet The Face Sport of Kings was going to fill that void, while I really do like it, and it smells great, it's not Han Polo and I know there are about 5 different scents of Polo, the white the red the black the green and the blue.

You can always shoot an E-mail directly to Douglas Smythe.

He is a pretty cool guy and I doubt he would turn your question away, get a straight answer if you don't want to go thru the trouble of trying different things to find the scent.

can you please keep us in the loop on what you think of the Stirling Green, I really like my bottle of PAA Han Polo and to me is one of my favorite scents, if I can get something close to that, I will be a happy man. I guess apparently PAA Han Polo is based on Polo Green but I have no frame of reference on it. I thought Wet The Face Sport of Kings was going to fill that void, while I really do like it, and it smells great, it's not Han Polo and I know there are about 5 different scents of Polo, the white the red the black the green and the blue.

I should have it by this weeked. I'll make a side-by-side comparison for you.

thank you so much!!!! that's basically what I'm looking for, a side by side comparison of PAA Han Polo and Stirling Green. my hunch tells me they are similar and or close, but I could be wrong.

You know if PAA wouldn’t have discontinued their Han polo I wouldn’t be in this mode of hunt and find and take chances mentality. Damn you PAA lol just keep han polo on the market!!!!!!!

Stirling Green came in today:

85A6BC87-3427-4033-87A2-899DF2C97B2F.jpeg

Very good match to Polo 78. I had my trusty can of ground espresso to cleanse my palette in between sniffs, going back and forth between products. I think it would be extremely difficult to get a shave soap to match the cologne, but Stirling did a great job. I would say that if you're going to use Polo cologne, layered with the soap and aftershave, that you should tread lightly. Polo Green is bold enough, all by itself.

I just wonder how stirling green compares to the PAA Han polo.......might be worth a try though to get the stirling green.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1193136Stirling makes me disproportionately excited about basic hygiene. Well, I’m all read for the Holiday visits!
Excellent point! EVERYTHING I have smelled of theirs is just first class. Even the scents I didn't like as much, if that makes sense?

Hey, while I'm here, how is Stirling's take on Creed Irish Tweed? And which one is it?

I may inherit a LOT of money towards Christmas. (One can hope.)

Excellent point! EVERYTHING I have smelled of theirs is just first class. Even the scents I didn't like as much, if that makes sense?

Hey, while I'm here, how is Stirling's take on Creed Irish Tweed? And which one is it?

I may inherit a LOT of money towards Christmas. (One can hope.)
It’s Stirling “Sharp Dressed Man.” I can’t attest how close it is to GIT, because all of the wet shaving supplies I’ve bought in my life < one bottle of GIT. I CAN say that when my Davidoff Cool Water AS and EDT run out, they will be replaced with Sharp Dressed Man. Already have the soap, and it’s a KILLER scent.

I have tried four different Polo Green varieties. My wife loves the Vintage stuff and can really tell the difference I'm convinced--she reacts strongly to the vintage. Behind the Vintage:
2. Belcam from Walmart is not much different from the vintage to my nose, but my wife can pick it out as different. I think it is the Tree Moss in place of Oak Moss.
3. Stirling Green is behind this.
4. Han Polo is something she doesn't really like--it has something extra in it that she describes as "powdery". I think it is definitely based on Polo Green.

Really wanted to try A&E Equestrian, but it is no longer on the web site. I am moving toward Belcam in conjunction with an unscented or lightly scented aftershave on a more daily basis. I have about 2 oz of the vintage splash to stretch for a couple decades. I would be really interested to know if any of the Artisans actually use Oakmoss.

Top Bottom