What's new

Polo for Christmas

SWMBO got me a bottle of Ralph Lauren Polo EDT spray for Christmas this year. This was my signature scent about 25 years ago when we 1st started seeing each other. We've been married for 15.5 years and the last bottle ran out about 10 years ago, and with kids, bills and other obligations, I hadn't re-upped in that time.

With my recent venture into DE wet shaving and all of the scents that go with it, she decided to get my old standby for me for Christmas. She's been snuggling up to me all day just to smell how good I smell. Maybe I should have found a way to pick this up a long time ago.

It looks like I'm going to be shaving, rinsing with warm water, then cold splash, witch hazel, Nivea sensitive ASB, and Polo spray on the chest. Maybe if the snuggles continue, this is my new routine.:thumbup:

Memories are great, aren't they?

My advice is to use it only on special occasions. It maximizes the nostalgic effect for both of you.

Chris

I just started wearing this scent a few weeks ago. Polo is the only designer whose style fits "me" and it figures I'd love the cologne. I've heard a few people say it's an old man scent but I disagree. I'm 32 and love it.

I wear this once or twice per week; wore it yesterday. If you would have gotten a refill years ago you would probably had more kids. I'm going to go take a sniff.

Memories are great, aren't they?

My advice is to use it only on special occasions. It maximizes the nostalgic effect for both of you.

Chris

I understand what you're saying about nostalgia, but right now, everyday feels like a special occasion. :thumbup:

I just started wearing this scent a few weeks ago. Polo is the only designer whose style fits "me" and it figures I'd love the cologne. I've heard a few people say it's an old man scent but I disagree. I'm 32 and love it.

I'm 45 and I don't think that's old? When I started wearing the Polo green scent 25 years ago, there were a lot more men wearing this scent. After that many years I feel like its a more unique scent in that it isn't the new hot scent that everybody is wearing. That said, this stuff still smells incredible to me and with the effect it has on my wife is like a spell of some sort.

"Some people" say it's an old man scent. I don't really feel that way about Polo, but I could maybe understand that about some of the other old shaving fragrances that we've discovered wet shaving and love. Think of all of the lavender, sandalwood, bay rum, and etc. Old man smell? Maybe. Or maybe we're just rediscovering what those who came before us already knew. I'm loving all of the wonderful scents that wet shaving has brought into my daily life and so does SWMBO. I've said it before, "win-win!"

I wear this once or twice per week; wore it yesterday. If you would have gotten a refill years ago you would probably had more kids. I'm going to go take a sniff.

You've got that right! My wife claims they put an aphrodisiac in Polo. With the affect that it has on her when she smells it on me, I think she might be right.:blushing:

I love Polo. My GF does as well. I have a vintage bottle (Warner/Lauren) that my dad gave me.

It's truly a great scent.

If anyone is interested, for experimentation purposes, Trumper's Astor is said to be very close to the original formulation of Polo Green (see basenotes.com). I do see similarities myself but they are not identical but very similar to me. Astor seems to be of a much higher quality (at least my decade old version seems) so read less longevity and potency but still excellent and seemingly produces the same effect.

Always get a sample first, if you can.

Chris

I haven't smelled any of the other Polo fragrances. I might have to experiment some. Final approval, of course, falls to SWMBO.:001_cool:

Top Bottom