What's new

Polo anyone?

I love the green, but I find it's not as awesome as I remember it being back in the late 80s / early 90s. Not sure if that's due to formula changes, me changing, or both. I guess if I'm honest, I enjoy the "idea" of the green, moreso than the scent, now (many amazing memories while wearing that cologne). Definitely wish the reality today could match up with my memory!

The original green Polo is a classic, and its longevity is great.

I love the blue one even more, but it doesn't seem to last on my skin :(

I've got all the scents, just never wear them. They're stored in a cool dark space. I wore Polo Explorer a few times a week until about two years ago.

1. A green and manly masterpiece.
2. If you came of age in the 80s, then this is the smell of your significant other's ex-boyfriend and/or dad.

Wearing Safari today, the strength and longevity could be better but I like it. Strange to me that after dry down it smells a bit like the original green

I used to bathe in the original when I was in high school in the 80's. I used up my bottle and never bought another, I would say 25 years is enough time gone by for me to pick some up for the sake of nostalgia.

I found a small bottle from the 90's in my toiletry stuff at my parents'. I've been using it every week. I need to get a new bottle to see how it compares.

I have been wearing Polo sport on and off since the 90s. It is such a nice light scent and it hardly has that strong alcohol smell. Great stuff!

That's when I started with it; a girlfriend bought me a bottle and...*ahem* made it worth my while to wear it regularly. Don't have any now as I don't really wear cologne that often.

I wore Green in high school in the late 80s. Got pretty tired because everyone wore it. Wife and I were in the mall over Christmas I tried a sample. Both really liked it. I'd pick up a bottle if I wasn't so cheap on buying scents. And for the record, both my wife and i think Clubman Special Reserve has a similar scent. A lot of the same pine/woodsy undertones. There's a difference, but they do have some of the same qualities.

I love Polo Green but the wife isn't a fan.
I have some Polo Blue that she likes that I never wear too...
I may have to start a new thread in the BST in a week or so and see if something magical can happen :001_smile

Im 48..I own it but do not reach for it much...no particular reason...with over 600 bottles it takes awhile to get to everything. lol Its a good frag in a nostalgic way but only if used with a light trigger finger...it can become cloying very quickly.

Polo Blue is my #1 go to after shave. Can't tell you how many women have commented on it and told me how great I smell! Gotta luv that!!

After looking at this thread and playing around on basenotes.com, I bought a bottle of Classic Match Polo knock off from walmart. This is a VERY good clone. Smells slightly different, but very, very close. For $8 you can't go wrong. They also had Blue and Black versions.

After looking at this thread and playing around on basenotes.com, I bought a bottle of Classic Match Polo knock off from walmart. This is a VERY good clone. Smells slightly different, but very, very close. For $8 you can't go wrong. They also had Blue and Black versions.

I was looking at those the other day and gave them a smell. It definitely smelled like the Polo Green that I'm familiar with. I've never used a knock off cologne but I'll have to pick some up as I'm almost out of the green. Since colognes smell different on each person the only person that will really know is you right and for $8 why not.

I was looking at those the other day and gave them a smell. It definitely smelled like the Polo Green that I'm familiar with. I've never used a knock off cologne but I'll have to pick some up as I'm almost out of the green. Since colognes smell different on each person the only person that will really know is you right and for $8 why not.

There are a bunch of reviews online about the quality of the classic match brand. I'm happy with the purchase.

I'll be interested to get your take on the knock off. I think it smells really good, but it may not have the staying power of the original. If you get it let me know what you think.

Top Bottom