What's new

Polo 8 vs Duke 2

Since I know some are waiting to see the comparison of these two brushes, I thought I'd go ahead and post some pictures as well as my thoughts so far.

I received the Polo 8 best yesterday and immediately lathered it up to get the bloom going. I used the brush for this morning's shave and my initial impression is there is little difference between the two brushes except the handles. The handle is substantial on the Polo.

The Polo's head is dense, firm, and soft to the skin just like the Duke. If anything, the Duke feels a little more firm than the Polo. This could be because the hair loft is a little greater on the Polo so it has more room to give and bloom. The Duke 2 also seems to have a slightly flatter crown which could contribute to that also.

For me, both brushes would be equal to the task of being a great soap brush (or cream for that matter). Esthetics or price are the two determining factors as far as I'm concerned. The Duke 2 was $86.00 and the Polo 8 $139.00.

Shot from front:

full

From top: Duke 2 on left
full

I don't think you can go wrong with either brush.

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin said:
Jerry, everytime I look at your avatar it cracks me up. It is kind of creepy though. :biggrin:

I think of Laura from the Dick Van Dyke show...and I always think she is yelling "ROB"!

Randy

I'd be interested in hearing other comparisons between the Polo 8 in best and the D2 or D3 in best.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I'd be interested in hearing other comparisons between the Polo 8 in best and the D2 or D3 in best.

I'm hoping to hear that there is very little difference...that way I can continue to use my Duke 3 and not shell out the bucks for the Polo 8. Most members who I have talked with say that the handle size may be the only major difference.

Top Bottom