What's new

Poll: Which razor blade do you use

Which razor blade do you use in your DE razor?

• Astra

• Derby

• Dorco

• Feather

• Gillette

• Lord

• Merkur

• Personna

• Schick

• Walgreens

• Wilkinson Sword

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Hello,

I was thinking that a survey on everyone favorite razor blade might be fun. I tried to include what I saw but there are so many out there...

Cheers,
Luc

Last edited:
The Personnas I'm currently using are the Wal-Mart made in USA Personnas, not the Israelis that everyone speaks so highly of here. So I voted Other.

There are a lot of blades that I like, but Crystals are my everyday favorite.
They give my a comfortable, close shave. Irritation and razor burn just aren't a problem when I use the Israeli Crystals, and they are cheap.
Just my 0.02

I can't vote in this poll as I use 4 different blades depending on the razor.
Adjustable razors seem to be less sensitive about blades.
But some of my older Gillette TTOs are very picky on which blade they prefer.

Gillette 7 O" Clock Yellow is my go to blade. I am stock piling them before the Mayan Calendar (2012) runs out, just in case :wink:

Its such a good feeling finding that one blade you can rely on to deliver that BBS shave free of irritation, and being of smooth comfort. All after burning through a variety of blades. To think the journey in search of the "Blade" all started with those %%^&# Merker blades that came with my razor. :a46:
Sayonara Feathers & Derby's !!!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I can't vote in this poll as I use 4 different blades depending on the razor.
Adjustable razors seem to be less sensitive about blades.
But some of my older Gillette TTOs are very picky on which blade they prefer.

Sorry about that guys, my idea was to see which blade was your favorite blade. I know for the Personna and Gillettes that they are very different one to another. I will think about it a bit longer for my next poll...

Thanks you all for your answers

Cheers, Luc

Derby is my #1, however I have been enjoying Swedes again lately. I really wanted to like the 7 O'clock yellow (I did have some very nice shaves) but I can't get over the amount of glue on the blade, it is a real nuisance.

I really wanted to like the 7 O'clock yellow (I did have some very nice shaves) but I can't get over the amount of glue on the blade, it is a real nuisance.

Yeah, that's my only complaint with 7:00s, too. I find the glue gunks up on my razors, so I scrub them a bit more frequently than I used to. But the better shaves I get are worth the effort.

no differenciation between red, israeli or american personnas, shame, i voted personna but i have to admit, the american made personna is one of the worst blades i ever used, i use red personnas,

Well my favorite blades I use are as follows: Feathers, Astra Superior, Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge *yellow* and Derby! As I can tell the Astra and 7 O'Clock are very similar in Sharpness and Smoothness *since both are made in Russia and both are Proctor and Gamble owned companies, I would not be surprised if they are the same blade! Anyone want to chime in on this one?? But Feathers are my overall favorite blade though!

Cheers,

Red pack IPs for me. Derbys seem about the same as the IPs but the IPs are a bit cheaper. Feathers just take off too much of my skin. :frown:

So far the Personna blades from Wal-Mart have been my favorite. Derby feel almost as good and shave almost as well but the price is much higher. None of the other blades I have tried so far come close.

But I haven't tried my Feather blades yet!:001_rolle I'm expecting either the greatest shave ever or they will slice my face to pieces.:ohmy:

It is a bit surprising to me that the best blades I have yet to find are cheap blades from Wal-Mart that I was scared to try at first.

Top Bottom