What's new

Poll: Which razor blade do you use

Which razor blade do you use in your DE razor?

• Astra

• Derby

• Dorco

• Feather

• Gillette

• Lord

• Merkur

• Personna

• Schick

• Walgreens

• Wilkinson Sword

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure about the choices for the poll since "Gillette" covers a massive amount of ground. I'll be specific and say I chose Gillette and Other. Gillette Silver Blues are my favorites and I really like Polsilver Super Iridiums. I have a bunch of Feathers that I need to spend some time with to see how I like them. I also have used a lot of Voskhods but have since given my Voskhod stash to my son.

Excellent old thread!

My ‘top-tier’ for what it is worth:
Nacet
GSB
Astra SP
Personna (labs and reds)
:a29:

GSB in my Muhle, Shark Platinum in my 70s Super Speed, and Parkers in my shavette. I've found that's what works for me. But I still have probably 25 different partially and full tucks from when I was sampling. For the next new razor I get.

My favourite everyday shave until the blade is finished during rotation change which are:-

Astra Green SP
Gillette Nacet
Gillette Platinum
Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette Stainless (red & white) pack
Vintage English Wilkinson Swords
Vintage Gillette Spoiler
Vintage Wizamet Polsilver Stainless (brown)
Voskhod
Wizamet Super Iridium (same as the Polsilver SI)

Gillette Silver Blues are my blade of choice. I probably have around 380 or so of them so I should be set for the foreseeable future. I also want to stock up on the 7 o’clock yellows and PermaSharps (gold and red version)

Not sure about the choices for the poll since "Gillette" covers a massive amount of ground. I'll be specific and say I chose Gillette and Other. Gillette Silver Blues are my favorites and I really like Polsilver Super Iridiums. I have a bunch of Feathers that I need to spend some time with to see how I like them. I also have used a lot of Voskhods but have since given my Voskhod stash to my son.
To be fair, this thread is over a decade old lol!

I wonder what Luc would have included on the list if he posted it today. And man, how could you have given away your Voskho’s? Those things are gold!

To be fair, this thread is over a decade old lol!

I wonder what Luc would have included on the list if he posted it today. And man, how could you have given away your Voskho’s? Those things are gold!

I didn't even notice the date of the original post. And I didn't give my Voskhods away. My son is 17. He prefers them. Therefore, he gets them. And they are cheap enough if I want to buy some for myself.

In order of usage since June, 2016:

Derby Extra (by a wide margin)
Wilkinson Sword (European)
Derby Premium
7 O'Clock SS (St. Petersburg green)
Personna (US)
Voskhod
Feather

I’ve recently become a big fan of Polsilver SI and trying to stockpile as many as I can. I also like GSB, Gillette Platinum, and Nacets

Top Bottom