What's new

Poll: Which razor blade do you use

Which razor blade do you use in your DE razor?

• Astra

• Derby

• Dorco

• Feather

• Gillette

• Lord

• Merkur

• Personna

• Schick

• Walgreens

• Wilkinson Sword

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Birds of a Feather band together
And make my shave great no matter the weather.

(Forgive the shaving doggerel. Couldn't help myself.)

I've only been DE shaving for two weeks. I bought a Feather Portable, and decided that I should fittingly use Feather blades in it. Just recently, to see what all the hype was about I tried a Derby. Gave me a close shave, after a lot of work, and I found myself getting cocky which led to a little irritation because the blade felt more dull than a butter knife. After that one blade started to drag I went back to the Feathers and immediately almost took out a chunk of my face! I never thought Feathers were really all that scary until I went back to them. I've yet to have a weeper, so I'll stick to the Feathers for a while longer.

I currently rotate between BIC Chrome Platinum's, Personna Israeli Reds and Gillette & O'Clock Yellows depending on the razor I'm using.

Feathers were the first blades I used and never saw a reason to change. The extra cost isn't a problem because 99 per cent of the time I use a straight.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Personna Israeli Red
Personna Med Prep
Personna Lab Blue
German Wilkinson Sword
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Derby Usta
Derby Premium
Feather Artist Club Professional - for shavette

I have 2000 Shark Platinums I bought for $100 shipped. Best dollar to performance ever @ $0.05ea.

Shark Super Chrome is another I use regularly and Astra SP.

I have other random tucks and use some of many different blades but the above 3 are my go to.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
IMG_20200915_200033.jpg

I am a fan of gillette.
Each piece can bring me 30 shaves.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have 2000 Shark Platinums I bought for $100 shipped. Best dollar to performance ever @ $0.05ea.

Shark Super Chrome is another I use regularly and Astra SP.

I have other random tucks and use some of many different blades but the above 3 are my go to.
Many blades from the Lord Factory are underrated gems. Shark Chrome and the new Shark Platinum are great blades, and of course, the unsung hero of Lord blades; Silver Star. :drool:

Today? A NOS Personna 74 in my Fat Boy, yesterday, a NOS Gillette Super Stainless or "Spoiler" in my Fat Handle Tech.

Just started using Nacets. I’ve been experiencing some warmth on my face but nothing visual; this is probably due to poor shavette technique and rushing the entire process during the past few shaves.

I have 300 of them coming today so let’s hope that’s the case lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom