What's new

POLL: Thayer's Witch Hazel - Alcohol vs Alcohol-FREE version. Which do you prefer?

Thayer's Witch Hazel - Alcohol vs non-alcohol version. Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
A lot of people dilute their scented aftershave with witch hazel. Especially when they find their aftershave to be too powerful or the witch hazel scent undesirable. I have seen barbers dilute their aftershave tremendously so people weren’t overwhelmed. I thought about doing this with unscented Thayers and Osage rub but haven’t tried it yet.

I used to use Superhazel every night but now I use Proraso Green, Osage Rub, or Eau De Portugal from Pinaud. Very fleeting scent on all of those, especially the Eau De Portugal. They all make fine astringents in my book.

Good idea, im going to try Dickinson's witch hazel blue bottle + Proraso Green aftershave. I have both of those already

Everyone here recommends Thayer's as a post-shave.
I am ready to give it a try but I'm not sure if I should get the Alcohol or non-alcohol version.
Which do you prefer?
For reference -
Alcohol version &
Alcohol-FREE version
Split the difference, I really like Thayers Gentlemen Aftershave Balm alcohol is very low on the ingredients list and it’s cetyl alcohol. All alcohol is not created equal. Cetyl Alcohol is a ‘Fatty Alcohol,’ which is moisturizing, as opposed to a ‘Simple Alcohol’ such as SD Alcohol which can be drying.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been using non-alcohol w/aloe for many years - works great for me. I have dry skin and don't need alcohol.

I have been using Thayers for over ten years. I have tried the Rose Petal, Lavender, Unscented, and Original and like all of them.

I guess I’m either in a minority or other just haven’t chimed in with the coconut water WH. Its a good refreshing rinse and the scent does stick around for a little while.

Top Bottom