What's new

Poll: (Part 2) What is your favorite type of synthetic knot?

What is your favorite type of synthetic knot?

• Duro

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Faux Horse

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Frank Shaving G4

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Motherlode

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Mühle Black Fibre or similar

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Omega Evo

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Omega Hi-Brush

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Omega S-Brush

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Shavemac

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Ubersoft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
After an advice from ackvil, I decided to make a part 2 of this poll and include most of the knots that were skipped the first time around.
Once this part is finished, I'm gonna combine the top choices of both polls into a final one.
If you can't find your favorite in this thread, vote in the first poll instead. You can vote for a maximum of 3 options.

I value softness over backbone, which is why I like the Motherlode over the dozen or so other synthetics I've owned. It also has excellent water retention compared to others.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's a luxury synthetic so I don't think many people tried it yet.

Going partly by what I hear him saying and more by what I see happening it might be a good brush.

We'll find out over time.

It looks expensive for a synthetic but it's about the same as the similar sized brushes from Simpson and Muhle STF (if you can find one). It's about the same as a similar sized Maseto silvertip or two band.

We'll see.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Going partly by what I hear him saying and more by what I see happening it might be a good brush.

We'll find out over time.

It looks expensive for a synthetic but it's about the same as the similar sized brushes from Simpson and Muhle STF (if you can find one). It's about the same as a similar sized Maseto silvertip or two band.

We'll see.

Happy shaves,

Jim
It's definitely on my bucket list but I also don't need it... I'll probably pick one up if I see a good deal in the BST.

I voted EVO, and my second choice would have been Muhle STF. I like the water retention and splay behavior of the EVO, but TBH, I only have five or six shaves with the EVO, and it has been quite a while since I used the Muhle. I am using the EVO during FFFMM, after which I might possibly go back and, for comparison purposes, dedicate a block of time to using the Muhle exclusively. We’ll see.

Interesting options in the poll! (I voted for Shavemac.) :a29: :a29:

You made things a bit easier by omitting Simpsons options. Was that by design?
It’s hard to cover all the ground in polls like this, and I think an “other” category would have been better.

I noticed that APShaveCo was not mentioned.

Top Bottom