• I shave with Hot or Warm Water

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I Tempadextrous I do both

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickie Mail call & poll folks ( 2-days Only )

Cold water Shave
Hot / Warm Water shave

Discuss

NOPE NICE TRY

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I guess I do both. I like warm water in the sink to rinse my razor off between strokes. And I really don't care cold or warm rinsing between passes. But the final rinse has to be cold. As cold as the tap water can get anyway. Which isn't very cold when it's 100 degrees outside.

I guess I do both. I like warm water in the sink to rinse my razor off between strokes. And I really don't care cold or warm rinsing between passes. But the final rinse has to be cold. As cold as the tap water can get anyway. Which isn't very cold when it's 100 degrees outside.
Thanks Jason I agree it is tough to get real cold water in the summer in certain locations, Thanks for the Vote and the submission

I don't think so

Last edited:
Hot water for now. I've experimented with cool during the heat of summertime. While successful,I've not completely adopted it. I look to do more cool water shaves as I find more soaps I like chilled.

Hot water for now. I've experimented with cool during the heat of summertime. While successful,I've not completely adopted it. I look to do more cool water shaves as I find more soaps I like chilled.
Thanks for the vote and the read, Nice!

GO LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Whatever comes out of the tap works for me. Since I'm up before SWMBO, that means it's generally chilly.

Hot, after breakin ice off the lister bag many times to get shave water I swore I never do cold shaves again, but I usually end up with a cool rinse between passes.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I'm all over the place. I use a hot towel pre-shave, cool/cold water to build lather, warm water to rinse in between passes, and cold/cool water rinse afterwards. And that's if I'm not using a scuttle...

I prep, make my lather, and rinse my razor with hot water.
Hot towel to the face, hot water in the scuttle, hot water to bloom the soap, hot water to wet face.
Then hot water to rinse off soap, but followed by cold water rinse, before the alum block and cold water to rinse the alum off.
So am I a hot water shaver? I would say yes and that is how I voted.

I do both but since moving to southern Texas mostly as cool as comes out of the tap. On occasion after a warm shower I will use warm to hot water to shave with. In the winter I will sometimes use a scuttle if it's very cold outside.

Warm water normally. Too many years working out in the winter cold snow and sleet to want a cold shave. Hot water makes my skin a little too sensitive, so a happy medium does it for me.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Warm water normally. Too many years working out in the winter cold snow and sleet to want a cold shave. Hot water makes my skin a little too sensitive, so a happy medium does it for me.
Like this one, or more "smiley"?
upload_2017-8-18_11-56-58.png

I do both. I used to only do hot/warm but recently changed to cold to help with irritation. Not sure if it's helping in that regard, but it sure is refreshing with this summer heat at least.
I'll see how it feels in the winter and decide then if it is better, worse or no different than using hot/warm water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom