• more than 1 but less than 5

• more than 5 but less than 10

• more than 10 but less than 20

• more than 20 but less than 30

• more than 30 but less than 40

• more than 40 but less than 50

• more than 50 - i'm outta control!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I actually got up to count my neckties before posting this. I have 32 neckties, and am considering whether to ditch three (which if I don't would bring the count up to thirty-six.) I have one bow-tie, and three ascots.

I serve as a deacon in my church, and the dress code for Sundays is supposed to be professional. I am one who "challenges" the code. If you were to enter the church, I would easily be spotted as the deacon in either the colorful ensemble and/or Doc Martens.

I bought most of my neckties at Macy's in the clearance bin when they place them at ten dollars or so. I also bought a few at employee events, so I managed to snag a few at a dollar each!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
35 self-tie neck ties
11 clip on ties for hazardous areas
13 self-tie bow ties
2 pre-tied bow ties
1 self-tie cravat
1 pre-tied cravat

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have a plethora of ties.

proxy.php

I would say 10 to 20.
A LOT less since I started wearing jeans to work every day. Out of those 10-20 I would estimate 2 or 3 have been worn in the last 5+ years.

I had to get up and count as well. I have 32 ties that I can account for. I'm sure my son had a few of them in his closet but I don't want to track those down. I used to wear a suit but all no longer tied to that world.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Currently, they are around 30. But, that number (slowly) increases, as I roughly add 4-5 new ones each year.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Since retirement the lyrics of an old song keep popping into my head:

I've got no use for a derby hat
Or a necktie bindin' up my throat

I own more than 50, however two things of note: I generally wear the same dozen ties over and over, and most of them were given to me when my dad retired (my 5 inch wide paisley ties will be back in style, mark my words).

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Far too many and I don't have to wear them for work anymore. Way over 50 and I am not going to count them, I should really thin them out though.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Do you know the name of the song or where to find online? Sounds like the start to a good blues or folk song.
It was in an old move (early 80's?) called Chu Chu and the Philly Flash. I don't even know the name of the song, but probably something like "All I Need is You, Oh My Darlin'."

It was in an old move (early 80's?) called Chu Chu and the Philly Flash. I don't even know the name of the song, but probably something like "All I Need is You, Oh My Darlin'."
Thanks, those were very good hints. I could not find the song standalone but I was able to find that movie online and the song is in played in the opening credits. Title appears to be "Whole Lot of Money" by Pete Rugolo. Sung in a Jazz style that reminded me of Louis Armstrong.

Where the chorus was:
All I need is you oh my darling
And a whole lot of money​

Top Bottom