• more than 1 but less than 5

• more than 5 but less than 10

• more than 10 but less than 20

• more than 20 but less than 30

• more than 30 but less than 40

• more than 40 but less than 50

• more than 50 - i'm outta control!

Results are only viewable after voting.
so how many of you have RAD with clothing accessories like ties? i'd say I fall in the 'more than 5 but less than 10 camp' but still growing. I guess I want to have variety, much like I do with my shaving gear. are you obsessive/compulsive about your wardrobe or do you keep it under control?

I have been getting great deals at Hickey Freeman samples sales in NYC. I will post the date of the next one. I get 5 ties for $150. The regular price for HF ties is about $115 for one. I have stocked up over the years.

I'm not going to count, but it's got to be more than 50. I wear a tie every day to work, and I've been working for 25 years. One can accumulate a lot of ties that way.

BTW -- I wouldn't say I'm "out of control." I probably replace about ten a year, usually in one fell swoop, but it is not an AD, just a necessity of doing business in the real world.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Curious numbers! Half the poll respondents (9) have 1-10, there's only 3 with 11-15, and then 1 with 16-20 ... and nothing after that until we get to 5 with more than 50!!

"Go big or go home", eh fellas? :lol:

I clock in at a few over 50. :thumbup:

Curious numbers! Half the poll respondents (9) have 1-10, there's only 3 with 11-15, and then 1 with 16-20 ... and nothing after that until we get to 5 with more than 50!!

"Go big or go home", eh fellas? :lol:

I clock in at a few over 50. :thumbup:

IMO, if you wear a tie to work every day, 50 really is not that many.

I'm guessing at more than 20, I know my tie rack is so full I was thinking of how much I needed another one this morning. I've doubled up all the slots and have a couple of ties on a hanger.

I think I may still have my tie somewhere. I haven't worn it since May 24th, 1990. Of course, since I don't own a suit or even a jacket, it would be pointless to try and find it. If I do still have it, then I would have 1. Which doesn't fit any of the choices.

I think I may still have my tie somewhere. I haven't worn it since May 24th, 1990. Of course, since I don't own a suit or even a jacket, it would be pointless to try and find it. If I do still have it, then I would have 1. Which doesn't fit any of the choices.

I should've made it so that the first choice said, "between 1 and 5"

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
IMO, if you wear a tie to work every day, 50 really is not that many.

I hear ya', borther!

No matter how many I have, I'm sure half an hour of browsing a few good internet store sites will turn up anther ten or more that I obviously need to have. :blushing:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Voted 50, wear them little since retirement, you think I should put ties on the B/S/T along with the GPS's?

I hear ya', borther!

No matter how many I have, I'm sure half an hour of browsing a few good internet store sites will turn up anther ten or more that I obviously need to have. :blushing:

I've been bitten by the TAD bug recently. the funny thing is that there aren't very many occasions for me to wear a tie, I just like the option of having as much variety as possible just in case. i've scored some pretty good deals on ebay and definitely won't be paying full price for ties again

I used to wear bow-tiew but now I am entirely a tie man :w00t:. I like the way the good knoted tie looks and fits the suit and shirt. Simply beautiful. Two weaks ago I learnd so called Christensen knot - does anybody know it? You have my recommendation :thumbup1:.

Top Bottom