What's new

Poll, How many of you can't help going down the shaving isle at the store.

How often do you go down the shaving isle?

• Always, I can't help myself!

• Sometimes

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
We go in to anywhere that might have something just on the off chance that they do. As for the isle were we do our weekly shop as DH does the merchandising he knows if anything interesting has turned up- before anyone else does.

I always go down, can't help myself even if I know there's not going to be anything different. I'll always go into a pharmacy if I'm passing too, for the same reason. They might have someting interesting in.

The shaving aisle is like a bug light to me. I can't resist it although I haven't been zapped yet - well maybe a couple of times. There was the AOS ASB in the Dillards and the pack of Gillette DE blade in the rural country store. Mostly the big box type and drug stores it is the SOS every time and not much for DE shavers. I keep looking though, in case the buyer was intoxicated one day and ordered something unusual for the store.

Every-time I go into a new store I walk down the aisle just to look.......and it happens I find something new lol. Its bound to happen

We can look all we want and lament the fact that, aside from increasing cart prices, not much changes. Things won't change until enough of us tell them we want options.

Yeah, I voted sometimes too, but that's just because its not 100% of the time.... more like about 95% too. I check out the aisles at the grocery store or the big pharmacies every so often, but probably not everytime I go in. Every once in a blue moon I see something different.

Every time, and 99 times out of a hundred it's a bust. That one time, though, I snared a year's worth of Schick Injectors.

It's an odd compulsion that only people here can understand.

What Larry said. Luckily (?) for me, my local supermarket has an awful selection of anything I would want to use. My local pharmacy is a bit more tempting. Yesterday, they sold me a Burma-Shave brush. Today, they damn near sold me some Caswell-Massey soap, until I snapped back to clarity and I remembered that B&B almost universally scorns this stuff as a bad job. Most of their shaving gear is either Caswell-Massey or Jack Black, so I think I'm pretty safe there now, too.

I do not have a MBA and know little about marketing or merchandising, but I have to wonder why all the major chain stores carry the exact same products for shaving. Why would I choose to go to a Walgreens or CVS or Walmart or Kmart or even Dollar General if they all have the same products, usually for about the same price?
It just seems that someone would want to offer more variety in order to stand out from the crowd.

Last edited:
I always check when I'm in a new store, but I have only found something in a Türkish market. I always smile when I see the prices on carts though.

Top Bottom