What's new

Poll: How a many shaves with a Feather?

I have a 1960 F1 Super Speed that will give 5 great shaves with a feather. 6 onward is definitely a struggle.

I have made it to 25 in a OBIF challenge, but it wasn't effective by shave 15.

Any other razor - 2-5, and the last shave often involves a mid-shave blade change.

For what it’s worth…

It’s such a pity that this thread did not include an actual poll.
(Let’s say 2 or less, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, more than 14)

We could easily tell where the ‘sweet spot’ for Feather blades lies.

To address that shortcoming, I have started a poll where members can vote how many shaves they get on average out of a Feather blade.
I admit that this thread might have been better placed in the Safety Razor Blades sub-forum, but as the discussion was started in this forum I place the poll here as well.

Here you find your option to vote: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/how-many-shaves-do-you-get-out-of-a-feather-safety-razor-blade.639899/

B.

Last edited:

As others stated, I find the 2nd use to be ok, but a 3rd is always unpleasant, though I keep trying.

I can get 2 solid shaves with feather blade. However, I usually bin them after a single shave. Every time I've pushed a feather past two shaves, it has always been a tuggy and lackluster 3rd shave. None the less , they are my go to blade.

I get a month out of every blade I use. Feather, Gillette Platinum, doesn’t matter. They both last just fine, even on my Scottish beard.

Top Bottom