What's new

Poll for ATT users: which head did you pick?

Which ATT shavehead did you settle on finally?

• M1 (closed comb)

• M2 (open comb)

• R1 (closed comb)

• R2 (open comb)

• H1 (closed comb)

• H2 (open comb)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please select the ATT head you own...even if it's all 6!

It might give potential new ATT users a chance to see what heads seem to be the most widely bought, used and appreciated. It might even save some time deciding which head/s you want to investigate more deeply....I, for instance, had to read heaps of stuff before I settled on the R1.

Not really looking for a qualitative comparison between the various heads, open vs closed comb etc....as that's already ongoing on various other polls....this is a purely statistical exercise, if you will.

This poll has no end date, so hopefully results will always reflect the most current preferences.

Thanks for taking part.

Last edited:
hmansion….that sucks….Im not sure what I can do to remedy this.

Maybe you guys can just vote on the ATT head you use most….if you use both equally just pick the first one that pops into your mind :)

I chose H1 but I own H2, R1 and R2. I use the H1 the most but R2 is a close second. All 4 heads give me good shaves.

Initially I bought an Atlas R2, but found it a bit too aggressive. Added an M1 plate which is perfect for me. Still occasionally use the R2 but boy do I have to use a light touch.

Tried the M1/R1/H1. Kept the R1/H1. The M1 shaves just like an EJ DE 89 or Weber assuming all razors used the same handle, and I owned the other two. Prefer the R1 with a Weber classic handle but keep the H1 Kronos for multi day beard growth.

Started with all 3 OCs, thought I had settled on the R2, but one month later I changed my mind and added the SB plates, I like them all!

For those of us who were relatively early-adopters, the "2" series is at a disadvantage. I have the M1, M2, and H1 only. I use them all. I picked M1 because it's the first that came to mind, but the M2 might overtake it someday. I've had the M1 a lot longer.

And of course, the R is at a disadvantage because I've tried neither of them yet! R2 will be next, I think. Still, M1 for now is the only answer for me.

I chose the H1, but as it was fairly early in my learning DE shaving, it took probably six months before I would have selected my H1 over my M1. I use the H1 at the steep angle, which makes a big difference for me, especially on my neck. Also, I can't speak to the OC baseplates vs. the original solid bar baseplates.

Last edited:
I chose the H1, but as it was fairly early in my learning DE shaving, it took probably six months before I would have selected my H1 over my M1. Also, I can't speak to the OC baseplates vs. the original solid bar baseplates.
Even more specifically, for early adopters, it was ALL H1. Only called "H" at the time.

Bought a Kronos M2, added an M1 plate but found it way too mild, requiring far too many passes to get to BBS. Wound up trading it with another forum member for an R2, which also works well for me. But my go to plate is the M2. No need to try the H2 as the R2 is as aggressive as I need.

I sent an email to ATT asking for a recommendation. I provided the razors I had used with success (Pre-war Tech, Weber PH and Merkur 34C HD). R-1 was the recommendation.

I am pleased with my purchase. I bought the cap and plate. I use an eBay Weber Bulldog or Wave Handle with the R-1.

Top Bottom