What's new

Poll - FOCS vs GC .68SB vs GC .84SB

If you could only choose one FOCS vs. GC .68 vs GC .84?

• Fatip Lo Storto Originale FOCS

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • RR GC .68SB

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • RR GC .84SB

Votes: 41 56.9%

• Total voters
I plan on acquiring all of these razors at some point. But, if you could only pick one, what would you choose? Comparing the FOCS and the SB baseplate versions of the Game Changers. If anyone has multiple or all three (and the additional GC baseplates) I’d love to read your comparisons! Thank you for your time! Have a great day!

I agree I have the fatip slant OC and the GC .84 SB the fatip easily wins. Just as efficient and possibly more so while being super smooth. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did since I had a fatip grande first. I would have possibly skipped a few razors if I would have gotten the fatip OC slant first.

Last edited:
I’ve had all three and the Fatip won hands down in smoothness and efficiency. Then I got a SS lupo and that’s what got me to sell the FOCS.
1599305344410.jpeg

Thank you for the reviews so far! Based on reviews and votes it looks like the GC .84 may currently be the preferred razor by more people. I know ymmv and all, but is there anyone else with both the 84SB and FOCS that could offer some comparisons?

Thank you for the reviews so far! Based on reviews and votes it looks like the GC .84 may currently be the preferred razor by more people. I know ymmv and all, but is there anyone else with both the 84SB and FOCS that could offer some comparisons?
I also have both the GC .84-P (AKA SB) and FOCS. I've shaved 65 times since the FOCS arrived. 58 of those shaves have been with the FOCS. Among the seven other shaves, the GC .84-P was used once. As someone else commented, the FOCS is just as efficient as the GC, but far smoother.

It's also the most forgiving razor that I own. As an experiment, I re-tried all sorts of blades that I found to be sub-standard, such as the Dorco ST-300, Sharp Durablade, and Topaz Platinum. The Sharp Durablade, in particular, was nightmarish for me (as I described in the "Anyone use Sharp Durablades?" thread). The FOCS did an excellent job of moderating the unruliness of that blade, to the point where I actually considered using a Sharp again (no, not really...).

That quality elevates the FOCS to the top of the heap for me because all of my shaves are effortless, even with the sharpest blades. In various threads, I've described this kind of performance as shaving on "automatic" or "autopilot". Everybody knows what I'm talking about; those are the shaves where you just casually move the razor around your face without putting any thought into it and you suddenly "wake up" and realize that you somehow got a BBS out of it! :biggrin1:

That's something that happened only occasionally for me with the GC, especially with Feathers or other ultra-sharp blades. Sometimes, I found myself expending a lot of energy to shave extra-carefully. Shaving while anxious isn't relaxing, at all. And, since shaving is my time to shut out the world and pamper myself, I'll take the "autopilot" shave everytime.

I also have both the GC .84-P (AKA SB) and FOCS. I've shaved 65 times since the FOCS arrived. 58 of those shaves have been with the FOCS. Among the seven other shaves, the GC .84-P was used once. As someone else commented, the FOCS is just as efficient as the GC, but far smoother.

It's also the most forgiving razor that I own. As an experiment, I re-tried all sorts of blades that I found to be sub-standard, such as the Dorco ST-300, Sharp Durablade, and Topaz Platinum. The Sharp Durablade, in particular, was nightmarish for me (as I described in the "Anyone use Sharp Durablades?" thread). The FOCS did an excellent job of moderating the unruliness of that blade, to the point where I actually considered using a Sharp again (no, not really...).

That quality elevates the FOCS to the top of the heap for me because all of my shaves are effortless, even with the sharpest blades. In various threads, I've described this kind of performance as shaving on "automatic" or "autopilot". Everybody knows what I'm talking about; those are the shaves where you just casually move the razor around your face without putting any thought into it and you suddenly "wake up" and realize that you somehow got a BBS out of it! :biggrin1:

That's something that happened only occasionally for me with the GC, especially with Feathers or other ultra-sharp blades. Sometimes, I found myself expending a lot of energy to shave extra-carefully. Shaving while anxious isn't relaxing, at all. And, since shaving is my time to shut out the world and pamper myself, I'll take the "autopilot" shave everytime.
Thank you for sharing your insights! That is very well written and extremely helpful!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
The FOCS is still relatively new by comparison.

Top Bottom