What's new

Poll: do you have one favorite razor or do you prefer rotation?

Do you have one favorite razor or do you prefer rotation?

• I prefer to use one razor that I really like

Votes: 45 31.7%
  • I prefer to use different razors in rotation

Votes: 53 37.3%
  • For some periods I use one razor, and sometimes rotation

Votes: 50 35.2%

• Total voters

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I rotate through a modest selection of SR’s. If I’ve just honed something it’s usually up next to check my progress. Usually just random and different each day.

i have 17 razors(looking at adding a Timeless) i just decide what to use the night before(i usually pick my equipment at night for the next day) but i dont have one that i use more than others though, i try to give them all equal use😉

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have a rotation of 3. In the past I changed the 3 up but it’s been the same 3 for awhile I can be a set it and forget it type

I started with a few razors and hasn't purchased more than 4 razor.
Two were starting out razor, and two are good quality razor.

And now I'm settled on one razor for daily shaves - RazoRock Game Changer OC 84.

This helps me to keep the stability in results of the shave because I tend to switch soaps and brushes more often.

I have only 2 Stainless Steel razor, so I don't have to strain myself on razor choice, soap choice is entirely different story.

I rotate every once in a while but the two razors always on my sink are my 6s and my gamechanger .84.
There are other things in play, but most of the time it is either the 6S or one of several Game Changers.

When I'm using the 6S, I wonder why I bothered to try anything else, but on the other hand, when I'm using the GCs, I like them just as much. Happy to be conflicted. :001_smile

For DE razors I have settled on the Rockwell 6S. However I switched to shavettes recently and the Rockwell has been gathering dust along with my Merkur 34C

Since my first day with a DE 8 years ago I have always used 1 razor at a time; currently Merkur 41C. "Rotation" has been neccessary whenever my main tool either breaks or is faulty (too often the case for my taste)

I have a 6S that has been my main razor (90% of the time) since last year and recently picked up a Like Grandpa (Karve). I use them both interchangeably the majority of the time. I still love using my Merkur Progress, Red Tip Super Speed and Techs though.

I guess I rotate 5 razors with the LG and 6S getting most of the work.

I rotate, but that rotation is based on how thick my scruff is at the time. Different razors with different weights do better with different blades, all before looking at my shavettes. So a thicker scruff calls for a heavier razor with a sharper blade. A very thick beard gets the first pass with a shavette.

I usually use my favorite, the rex ambassador, but I try to rotate. Others I use frequently are gold merkur futur and PAA copper doc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I always rotate. Always. Rarely use the same razor twice in a row, unless I am testing blades or soaps, or whatever requires a consistent test environment. I used to rotate four or five razors or more, but that led to too much clutter on the vanity. For the last few of months I have been doing a hybrid rotation of three razors, swapping out different variations of each razor in the lineup periodically. I am happy with my current system.

Wolfman WR2 1.25 or 1.15 in spot #1. I have been using the 1.25 since I got it a couple months ago. Getting ready to switch back to the 1.15 for a revisit.

Charcoal Goods in spot #2... mixing up between different charcoal good razors, such as Level 2, Level 3, Everyday razor... in various metals... copper, brass, stainless. Right now my all brass Gen 1 Level 2 with a Stinger is my favorite by far. But I have a Gen 2 Level 2 in copper on the way, so we will see.

I consider spot #3 my guest spot. I will put a razor in there and use it in the rotation for a week or more, then switch it out. H&S N075, Hybrid Tech, #66 Aristocrat, Toggle, Razorock stainless razors, whatever strikes my fancy. Use it a few times... likely one or two blades worth of shaves.... then switch it up. I have a #77 RFB in there right now. Thinking of pulling out the Toggle for a few shaves, so that switch will happen in the next couple of days.

Right now I only keep 3 razors in stands in the bathroom. All the rest are either in the bedroom closet in a rack, or in my razor display cabinet in the family room. This system has been working really well, and keeping the clutter in the bathroom down to a minimum.

Top Bottom