What's new

Poll Beard Lines Lined Up or Natural?

How do you like to keep your beard lines?

• Total voters
I like to keep mine more natural. I'm not saying that I completely ignore them, in the summer I keep the cheek lines fairly low. But I don't spend a much time making sure there perfect each day. I just stop a bit short most of the time and leave them a bit fuzzy. I do occasionally like to clean things up a bit more, but try not to get too carried away.

How about you? Are you the type that keeps a perfectly sculpted pencil thin mustache and or beard or even a full beard or side burns with really sharp lines? Or do you like to keep a more natural look?

I trim beard. I don't have a pencil beard, but I like to keep things neat. I shave the top of my cheeks and my neck.

proxy.php

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
When I want to have a beard going, I try to keep the neckline clean and refresh it every two or three days. If the beard gets long enough, I also will trim my mustache when it gets so long that it gets wet when I drink or it starts to curl over my lip and gets into my mouth.

With that being said, many times in the winter, I just let it grow. It's common for guys to grow their beards out in the winter here in Michigan, so most people don't care if it looks a bit scruffy and unkept.

I trim beard. I don't have a pencil beard, but I like to keep things neat. I shave the top of my cheeks and my neck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nice beard! That's about where I've been keeping my cheek lines lately, but I don't have enough thread count to keep as clean and sharp of a line as you. If I want to keep a sharper line I need to move it down a little. To keep it where it is now I keep a bit of stubble around the edge, so it fades in a bit and doesn't look as broken or patchy.

When I want to have a beard going, I try to keep the neckline clean and refresh it every two or three days. If the beard gets long enough, I also will trim my mustache when it gets so long that it gets wet when I drink or it starts to curl over my lip and gets into my mouth.

With that being said, many times in the winter, I just let it grow. It's common for guys to grow their beards out in the winter here in Michigan, so most people don't care if it looks a bit scruffy and unkept.
I do the same thing. I keep it cleaner during the summer months, and let it get a little wild in the winter. By February I almost abandon the lines altogether, and just occasionally hit the ones that clearly fall outside of the beard.

Not a shave or trim for almost two years. I'll decide what to do in year. Let it grow, trim it or do away withi

When I have a beard, I keep it trimmed and neat, but lately I've been trying out really sharp cheek lines. In a way, I think I'm subconsciously doing it so that it increases my shave ritual time lol

The only way I can get really sharp lines is by using a trimmer for shaping, then I'll shave my upper cheeks and neck with a closed comb DE, just getting close to the line, within 1/8". After I'm done with the last pass, I'll rinse off all the lather, pat dry with a towel, and then use a shavette completely dry to clean up the lines and make them really sharp. It's amazing how much sharper they come out when you shave that last 1/8" completely dry. I haven't had any razor burn from doing this, but I'll follow up with alum, witch hazel, and a good balm.

This last time I grew my beard (2nd time ever), I kept my cheek lines shaved when I shaved my head (about every 3 days), the neckline and in front of the ears I left natural. I would then trim a bit with scissors just to keep a square shape.

Currently maintaining a beard. I like to keep it trimmed to a #3. I keep a clean neck always. A tidy line cheek line too... But not too tidy. I don't want it to look too thought out lol

I think it depends on the person. My natural lines are extremely messy, so my beard tends to look nicer if I line up the cheeks a bit.

Currently maintaining a beard. I like to keep it trimmed to a #3. I keep a clean neck always. A tidy line cheek line too... But not too tidy. I don't want it to look too thought out lol
I'm the same way, I don't want to look too sloppy, but I also don't want to look too put together either.

Yes, I can see the ring getting awkward, if it were to get out of hand.
proxy.php

:biggrin:
:lol::lol::lol:

My ducktail (Well more of a lazy mans ducktail I don't usually carve out around the soul patch or keep the stache trimmed enough to be a text book duckail.) was getting pretty long and shaggy. So it was time to either trim or let it go bigger. I took the second option, and have been letting the cheeks grow in. I've only been hitting the few that fall well outside the natural line and only doing that every 3 or 4 days. Still shaving the head and lower neck everyday though. Neck line is fairly low and natural too. I shave just below the Adam's Apple down to the collar bone or else it would grow right into the chest hair, but would get a little patchy that low.

I keep mine natural. My cheek lines are fairly low, so I dont really see the need to trim them. All that I really do is shave my neck every other day and trim my beard once a week with a pair of clippers.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Wasn't sure how to vote, as it depends on the beard. If going for a Van Dyke, I like to keep it reasonably well maintained, but not necessarily precise. If going full beard the lines are natural, but I'll keep it longer at the front than the sides.

Top Bottom