What's new

Polishing Titanium

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I acquired a matte Timeless Ti .95 OC recently, at the wise behest of my friend @Graydog (Steve). Candidly, I prefer shiny razors. So I have spent quite a few hours hand-polishing this exquisite shaving instrument, using only old t-shirts and some Maas polish.

I am very pleased with the result. I regret that I don’t have a ‘before’ picture to share; however, here is the after.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
C58B406F-5511-41AE-9D00-EFEB75053421.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Great job my friend, it looks amazing.
Thank you. It’s interesting - there is less and less ‘black’ on the rag now. Is the matte itself some type of plating which can be removed? What does machined titanium look like before polish is applied?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thank you. It’s interesting - there is less and less ‘black’ on the rag now. Is the matte itself some type of plating which can be removed? What does machined titanium look like before polish is applied?

There are different grades of titanium, the newer polished version is a higher grade Ti
Making it easier to polish. You did a great job with your razor!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I couldn't be Happier with the way that it shines
I was really surprised that it worked out so nice.
Thanks Dan you really did get me going.
And if you want to get off that handle let me know. This the stuff that I used to Finished it off . It really does stop the fingerprints
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190825160304388_COVER.jpg

Great job, Dan - since you are so great at this I just shipped this puppy along to you. Shouldn’t be a problem for a cotton master like yourself :)

D5274B3D-2E39-404D-A18D-5068DD330C88.jpeg

Top Bottom