What's new

Polishing question

Not sure if I should use this Gillette NEW as is or try to polish it. If I polish it then what's left of the gold wash will be removed leaving the brass. Would it buff up like my brass Karve did? Can any one show me an example of what these look like after polishing?
IMG_20200214_1523100-750x1000.jpgIMG_20200214_1523212-750x1000.jpg

You can polish it. But it will quickly turn dark. Ask me how I know....lol But it will look amazing for awhile. ..

Hot water and Dawn. Polish will take off any gold in short order.

If you don’t care about what’s left, polish it down to bare brass and coat with protectaclear. Raw brass is a great look and can almost be mistaken for gold. If you want, you can have it replated later if you do this. Just made same recommendation on another thread.

Hot water and Dawn. Polish will take off any gold in short order.

If you don’t care about what’s left, polish it down to bare brass and coat with protectaclear. Raw brass is a great look and can almost be mistaken for gold. If you want, you can have it replated later if you do this. Just made same recommendation on another thread.

+1! Great advice!

I would polish that one as there is little original plating left, then I would consider replating. :thumbup: :thumbup:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Not sure if I should use this Gillette NEW as is or try to polish it. If I polish it then what's left of the gold wash will be removed leaving the brass. Would it buff up like my brass Karve did? Can any one show me an example of what these look like after polishing?
View attachment 1063110View attachment 1063114
I polished one down to the brass and it dragged on my face. I don’t recommend it. Best send it out and have it re-plated at least in nickel. Those are fantastic shavers and worth it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would just clean it and use it. That is me though. If you polish it you must provide photos.

Top Bottom