What's new

polishing compound suppliers in Australia

I am seeking a vendor down under for polishing compound - the kind which is used on strops. I am looking for all three grades.

Thanks in advance.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
From memory, there is one or more listed in Annex II of the Traditional SR Shaving Instructions.

I got mine from Tech Diamond Tools in the US. Shipping was not cheap but 5g of each should last you 10 to 20 years.

You’ll find a good selection of diamond paste and 3M lapping film here. One of the few that has tech data on the paste.

Digikey is another option for 3M lapping film.

Showcase Plastics will cut the acrylic to size. Any size, colour and thickness you could possibly want.

Bunnings for the balsa, sandpaper and contact spray adhesive.

Last edited:
I finally bought what I need from knife supplies in Kingston in Logan City, near Brisbane.
Where in Kimgston?

The knife supplies website I linked above is in Kingston Tasmania... where I used to live once upon a time... if the is a knife supplies place in Kingston in Logan, I REALLY want to know where it is, because that's not an awful long way from where I live now, and I go kinda past it fairly often...

Where in Kimgston?

The knife supplies website I linked above is in Kingston Tasmania... where I used to live once upon a time... if the is a knife supplies place in Kingston in Logan, I REALLY want to know where it is, because that's not an awful long way from where I live now, and I go kinda past it fairly often...
I purchased off their web site. I presumed that they were in Brisbane. Maybe I am wrong. Let's take a look.

Yes it appears that I stand corrected!!

Bummer...was hoping there was an awesome place I hadn't heard of yet!

They've got some cool stuff on their site...

I go down there a couple of times a year, might have to try and visit them next time...

Top Bottom