What's new

Polishing Chrome Razors?

K. Williams 40; As suggested above- both Maas and Mothers Polish are fine on chrome plating. Corvette restoration guidebooks have suggested using XXXX or super-fine steel wool with Windex, but I have found that to be too abrasive using steel wool, even in such a fine grade for automobile parts chrome. Flitz is also good, but not Brasso. Happich Semichrome Polish is also used, but is not too readily available. Chrome in this case will have similar properties to the usual nickel plate, but remember- the base metal is brass, which is a soft metal. In the automobile industry- chrome is applied to steel or pot metal. Personally- I have used Mother's polish to help restore the luster of chrome for years. Do clean with an old toothbrush and dish washing hand detergent or Scrubbing Bubbles before applying polish though! This will remove abrasive particles or residue left on the razor before polishing so they do not further scratch the finish. I hope this helps! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Flitz has worked for me and cleaned up a pretty cruddy looking Gillette Superspeed to looking in almost mint condition. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom