What's new

Polished Timeless Ti! I can't wait!

I was going to order the polished Ti but changed my mind because I just enjoy the matte Ti so much so I ordered a DC OC/SB plate to replace the SB plate that I have... I sold the polished SS yesterday because I just am not a big fan of the polished look it would seem and I really didn't feel any real difference between the matte and polished shave at all. I do wish all that buy the polished Ti great luck with them though...

Mark posted this pic somewhere else...
proxy.php
Great looking Razor! Polished looks so much better than the matte imo. I guess it’s this Timeless Ti or Karve Ss as my next razor.

Yeah that's nice, very nice.
I'm wondering if anybody can compare the shave to the TI matte finish of the same Gap and all?

I'm interested in seeing a polished SS side by side a polished Ti.
Edit: I mean a side by side picture, not necessarily a shave off

Last edited:
I just ordered my polished .95 DC and I do have a SS and I can do a Shave Off between them if anyone wants it done. I have compared the Matte Ti to the SS in a Shave Off and all I can say it was noticeably smoother than the SS but not by a whole lot and the efficiency was maybe a tiny tad bit less if I’m splitting hairs. I’m thinking the Timeless high polished Ti may have a touch more glide than the Matte Ti as most know it’s a scientific fact that a polished finish is smoother than a matte finish.

I just ordered my polished .95 DC and I do have a SS and I can do a Shave Off between them if anyone wants it done. I have compared the Matte Ti to the SS in a Shave Off and all I can say it was noticeably smoother than the SS but not by a whole lot and the efficiency was maybe a tiny tad bit less if I’m splitting hairs. I’m thinking the Timeless high polished Ti may have a touch more glide than the Matte Ti as most know it’s a scientific fact that a polished finish is smoother than a matte finish.
Polished Ti Vs Matte Ti would be helpful :)
While what you say is true, I wonder if a shaving soap's slickness will make any possible differences in glide unnoticeable. Thanks Frank!

I believe you're the man for that job. I would like to see that review/ comparison all the way around.

Polished Ti Vs Matte Ti would be helpful :)
While what you say is true, I wonder if a shaving soap's slickness will make any possible differences in glide unnoticeable. Thanks Frank!

I believe you're the man for that job. I would like to see that review/ comparison all the way around.

I can do a SS .95 DC vs the New Polished Ti in the .95 DC but I no longer have the Matte finished .95 but I may know someone who would forward it to me to put in the mix so we have a Threesome and I can then compare them all which would be a fun mini Timeless Shave Off/comparison. I'll try to put it together.

Oh and soap and slickness could be a factor but if I'm using them both on my face side by side I will be able to read beyond the soap slickness and one of the best ways is to do a Reverse Skin Stretch pass as that will really bring out their true colors especially if I use a soap that doesn't have good Ghost redsidule slickness and I can think of a few in my den that would fit the bill.

@Keto thanks for having the confidence in me to do this Shave Off. :thumbup1:

I polished a 95 head some time ago and mated it to a Razorock handle. Today I ordered the polished Ti handle and stand. The Razorock is nice but just doesn't seem right on the Timeless.

I polished a 95 head some time ago and mated it to a Razorock handle. Today I ordered the polished Ti handle and stand. The Razorock is nice but just doesn't seem right on the Timeless.
I agree no Frankenrazor when it comes to the Timeless. I thought about a TiBam Ti handle and then said nope! I had it in hand at the Maggard Show and it felt like it had perfect balance so why mess with a good thing!

Oh well, I just caved and bought a polished .68 SB smooth cap. I have a stainless .95 OC and it was a bit much for a daily driver. Hopefully the .68 TI will fit the bill.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom