What's new

Polished Rockwell 6s?

I prefer the polished look to the gray stainless steel. One thing I have noticed though the Rockwell doesn’t seem to get rust transfer from blades the way other razors I have due.

I wonder if there’s some finish on that razor for corrosion protection that would be polished off if you polish it.

I prefer the polished look to the gray stainless steel. One thing I have noticed though the Rockwell doesn’t seem to get rust transfer from blades the way other razors I have due.

I wonder if there’s some finish on that razor for corrosion protection that would be polished off if you polish it.

The Rockwell 6s is made from 316 L SS, I believe that’s why it holds up better from rust vs others.

I just got started polishing my 6S tonight. I like the mixed look and think I'm going to leave it like this for awhile.....
proxy.php
proxy.php

@Tiny, your mixed polish looks really cool, great job! Try it for a while & see how you like it. I can't tell for certain, which parts did you not polish? It looks like the cap & safety bars aren't polished. But that could just be the lighting.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I love the industrial look of the 6S, but also the polished look of the chrome 6C.

@Tiny, your mixed polish looks really cool, great job! Try it for a while & see how you like it. I can't tell for certain, which parts did you not polish? It looks like the cap & safety bars aren't polished. But that could just be the lighting.
It was probably a combo of just getting started, so things weren't polished to the full extent yet....and the lighting.

I've finished the parts I was polishing and with natural lighting, I'm guessing you can see things better now.

I've already determined I need to complete polishing the entire razor as now it looks dirty and off with the mixture of a nice polished look and original finish.

Handle - I polished everything except the knurling
Base Plate - I only polished the end cap portions
Top Cap - I only polished the visible portions
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

It was probably a combo of just getting started, so things weren't polished to the full extent yet....and the lighting.

I've finished the parts I was polishing and with natural lighting, I'm guessing you can see things better now.

I've already determined I need to complete polishing the entire razor as now it looks dirty and off with the mixture of a nice polished look and original finish.

Handle - I polished everything except the knurling
Base Plate - I only polished the end cap portions
Top Cap - I only polished the visible portions
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Beautiful How did you get it to look that good? What sandpaper?

Top Bottom