What's new

Pol Silver

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks for mentioning Rich Little. It led me to this clip of him on Carson where he does several impressions, including Johnny. But as I watched it, he did a couple different Senators and Nixon. And that got me thinking that the art of impersonating is a lost art. It's not that no one is doing it. But most are limited to one person. Like Baldwin doing drumpf. But no one has the repetoire that people like Rich Little had. This clip is really only for us old folks who know the characters he's doing. Most of it will go right over the heads of those younger who never saw Captain Queeg or the hearings on Watergate. And to my fellow old farts, enjoy this one. I laughed out loud. I admit it. Several times.

"Geometric logic"....... I sure miss Johnny. Leno too, and Letterman a little.

But they all pale in comparison to Johnny, these pretenders to the late night throne we are stuck with today.

FarmerTan

If you have an interest in other blade brands and not just pol silvers then by definition you are not in a cult.
I am in a multi-blade cult. We call ourselves the GSB Astra SS's.

My wife just calls us A SSes.

She is not welcome when the Father Ship comes for us!

"Geometric logic"....... I sure miss Johnny. Leno too, and Letterman a little.

But they all pale in comparison to Johnny, these pretenders to the late night throne we are stuck with today.

I'm not watching any late night talk shows anymore. I agree, Johnny was great. And Ed was funny as well. The whole Karnac the Magnificent was hysterical to me. I'll plug Letterman though. I loved his sarcasm, juvenile humor. Late Nite was on when I was in my later years of high school and through college. And since most of my sleeping was done during the day back then, I was watching most of his shows religiously. And as a drummer, the four piece band he had was awesome. I was listening the music that those guys were immersed in. Stever Jordan on drums, Hiram Bullock on guitar and Will Lee on bass. And of course Paul Schaeffer. I never got into Leno as a talk show host. In fact, I couldn't stand him. But his car show Jay Leno's Garage I find to be excellent. I just finished watching a couple of them. How can you have a problem watching someone driving a Ford GT or an Aston Martin DBS? Sadly, there really is no one left.

FarmerTan

I'm not watching any late night talk shows anymore. I agree, Johnny was great. And Ed was funny as well. The whole Karnac the Magnificent was hysterical to me. I'll plug Letterman though. I loved his sarcasm, juvenile humor. Late Nite was on when I was in my later years of high school and through college. And since most of my sleeping was done during the day back then, I was watching most of his shows religiously. And as a drummer, the four piece band he had was awesome. I was listening the music that those guys were immersed in. Stever Jordan on drums, Hiram Bullock on guitar and Will Lee on bass. And of course Paul Schaeffer. I never got into Leno as a talk show host. In fact, I couldn't stand him. But his car show Jay Leno's Garage I find to be excellent. I just finished watching a couple of them. How can you have a problem watching someone driving a Ford GT or an Aston Martin DBS? Sadly, there really is no one left.
I enjoyed Letterman, but Leno just did kids and old ladies and political humor the closest to Johnny FOR ME.

And I too loved Late Nights band. They could sit in with ANYONE!

I used to play the drums, and Ed Shaunessy (probably murdalated his name!) for Carson was one of my heroes. He could play ANYTHING with ANYONE!

That was a great band over the years. I really hated when they went from 90 minutes to 60. A lot of the improv and back and forth between Ed and Johnny and Doc stopped after that.

Good times!

I enjoyed Letterman, but Leno just did kids and old ladies and political humor the closest to Johnny FOR ME.

And I too loved Late Nights band. They could sit in with ANYONE!

I used to play the drums, and Ed Shaunessy (probably murdalated his name!) for Carson was one of my heroes. He could play ANYTHING with ANYONE!

That was a great band over the years. I really hated when they went from 90 minutes to 60. A lot of the improv and back and forth between Ed and Johnny and Doc stopped after that.

Good times!

You're right. I meant to give a plug to Carson's band. That was a true Big Band and they were swingin' with Ed on drums and screamin' with those horns. My bad on not mentioning that.

my fav blade managed to order a 50 pack on a French side a bit more expensive but they are well worth it, guess I'll have to start looking for a replacement already tried GSB persona platinum & Astra SP good but definitely not polsilver good, maybe I'll have check out the perma sharp and see how this goes?

Top Bottom