What's new

Pol Silver

Including mine.

Cult indeed. Back when I lived in San Francisco I can recall the church having an excellent* reputation I can also remember a man trying to get me to attend the church. Fortunately I wasn't interested and avoided being recruited.

Happy shaves,

Jim

*From reading about the church today, not even counting how things ended up, I have no idea why its reputation would have been excellent. Nothing I read today did anything to convince me it was excellent by any standards in any way. That's just my opinion of course.
I have similar recollection. I was working on a Senate campaign in '76 and Jones was an important supporter. He was viewed with more amusement than worry at the time.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm not sure who Rich Little is or was. Dean Martin I know of (and remember as very talented).

I'm not one to know jack about most popular culture beyond the seventies or even the sixties. I can thumb through People magazine and recognize not a single person and find nobody I want to know anything about.

View attachment 1120197

Shameless touting my new book.
Lol, yeah, I'm right there with you. Not exactly a guy that watches the Royals in Great Britain.

Rich Little was huge in the 70's. He was an Impersonator. He did Johnny Carson better than Johnny Carson, lol.

I have a fair amount of Wizamet and PolSilver blades. I will not purchase any more. I honestly don’t feel like I’m in a cult but does anyone ever admit they’re in a cult?

I just try to deflect any negative attention I may receive to the Personna Cult. I mean “those people“ are nuts. AM I RIGHT?!?!? Eh?

I have a fair amount of Wizamet and PolSilver blades. I will not purchase any more. I honestly don’t feel like I’m in a cult but does anyone ever admit they’re in a cult?

Exactly.

Last edited:
If you have an interest in other blade brands and not just pol silvers then by definition you are not in a cult.
Yessir friend, mere use of the blade, or even affection for them, does not imply cult membership. I have used them with fine results. My life would happily go on without them however, while many apparently live in fear of their demise to such an extent that it suggests the necessity of intervention.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Lol, yeah, I'm right there with you. Not exactly a guy that watches the Royals in Great Britain.

Rich Little was huge in the 70's. He was an Impersonator. He did Johnny Carson better than Johnny Carson, lol.

He had Johnny down to those smirky smiles he used to make. I grew up laughing hysterically at Rich Little's impersonations of everyone. True genius.

Thanks for mentioning Rich Little. It led me to this clip of him on Carson where he does several impressions, including Johnny. But as I watched it, he did a couple different Senators and Nixon. And that got me thinking that the art of impersonating is a lost art. It's not that no one is doing it. But most are limited to one person. Like Baldwin doing drumpf. But no one has the repetoire that people like Rich Little had. This clip is really only for us old folks who know the characters he's doing. Most of it will go right over the heads of those younger who never saw Captain Queeg or the hearings on Watergate. And to my fellow old farts, enjoy this one. I laughed out loud. I admit it. Several times.

Thanks for mentioning Rich Little. It led me to this clip of him on Carson where he does several impressions, including Johnny. But as I watched it, he did a couple different Senators and Nixon. And that got me thinking that the art of impersonating is a lost art. It's not that no one is doing it. But most are limited to one person. Like Baldwin doing drumpf. But no one has the repetoire that people like Rich Little had. This clip is really only for us old folks who know the characters he's doing. Most of it will go right over the heads of those younger who never saw Captain Queeg or the hearings on Watergate. And to my fellow old farts, enjoy this one. I laughed out loud. I admit it. Several times.

Baldwin is actually a pretty talented impersonator. His Burt Lancaster - Kirk Douglas story on Comedians in Cars ive watched a million times and it still cracks me up. Skip to 2:20. "I suppose you're looking for this??"

Last edited:
I actually ordered these stupid blades all the way back on may 1st because of stupid threads like these and because I'd like to join aforementioned stupid cult and stupidly they have not arrived yet .. not annoyed at all! Where is my Guyana punch?!?!

I actually ordered these stupid blades all the way back on may 1st because of stupid threads like these and because I'd like to join aforementioned stupid cult and stupidly they have not arrived yet .. not annoyed at all! Where is my Guyana punch?!?!

The Government.

The Government.

actually this isn’t quite true .. we’ve gotten stuff from the UK, greece, Australia and all over the US in this time frame ( a week from order to delivery ) , COVID 19 related mail order addiction is such it’s gotten to the point our 2 yr old waves at the ups man and goes “goodbyeeeEE mr delivery man see you tomorroW” .

There is something weird with wizashave or I am not worthy for your cult :(

avi

I think Avi is starting to catch on everyone. Quick change the subject.....
I like GD more than DG!!!! How about everyone else?

• Haha
Reactions: Avi
Top Bottom