What's new

Point to think about

Post Scriptum: Civilization is always nine meals away from anarchy.

Am not sure this holds anymore. Was reading on another forum about a scheduled 10H PG&E blackout in CA recently. The poster lived in an apartment complex and listened to some of his neighbors going bat **** after a few hours over no wi-fi and way slowed down cellular internet access. All this knowing when the power would come back on.

The noble Albatross is quite graceful while in flight, they spend most of their life on the wing. So yeah they may not be graceful landing but watching one fly is another story !

I can impart some advice and it may be relevant to the original thread. Yes the wisdom of practice with your EDC CCW and not carrying a high end model is sound. @Acmemfg has brought forward a very good subject here.

My advice is this; Physical fitness, ensure that you are at least able to cardiovascular'ly (is this even a word?) maintain a high level for an extended period. Being in shape, in this Country, in today's time, puts you in a much better position. I would have never believed in my youth that a majority of the population would live in such sedentary lives today... That said, self defense encompasses many aspects: situational awareness, physical fitness, hand to hand abilities, proficiency with weapons, this list is extensive and is more than anyone can cover in a single thread.

Second; LEARN a hand to hand art form. This is important (some may not agree, to their own folly IMHO.) it can save your life in a SD situation. They do not teach local LEO's or Soldiers this skill set as common training... Why I have no idea, it just is not taught as much. Just watch the current slew of officer arrests online. A decent understanding and use of hand to hand skills coupled with physical fitness would have resolved those situations much easier. We've all seen the sloppy drunk successfully resisting multiple officers? Nuf said there. It is truly sad that LEO's and Soldiers have to pursue this type of skill on their own time and expense. Even while I served they were going away from these basics. I was fortunate enough to have served in a unit that the Battalion Commander still placed a high emphasis on hand to hand. We learned a form that crossed old school Judo with an early form of IDF Krav Maga. Lots of ground game, with a touch of elbows and knees... As a bonus this type of training contributes to physical fitness !

Lastly remember that criminals are predators, they actively seek the weak. Never appear weak, stand tall, keep your eyes moving, walk with confidence, train your skills, be in the best shape you can at all times.

Post Scriptum: Civilization is always nine meals away from anarchy.
Regarding hand to hand in the military, I was trained when when preparing for deployment. It was much more focused than the minimal amount in boot camp in the 80s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Regarding hand to hand in the military, I was trained when when preparing for deployment. It was much more focused than the minimal amount in boot camp in the 80s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yup I received that minimal amount in the early 80's while attending boot camp. When I got to my PCS Division that is where they turned up the heat and training...

I hate campers, I cannot play against a bunch of campers. How do you camp in Hardpoint or Domination. Get your rear out there and take an objective.

OK rant over.
WOW! So disheartening to hear so many people hate campers, I really enjoy camping.....
camp.jpg

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Last edited:

Make sure you read to the end!

I'm surprised anyone in NY who isn't politically connected can get a CCL that didn't get him hemmed up and charged for carrying beyond his permit limitations. and unless things have changed for the better (doubtful), you have to spend $125 PER pistol to legally own and register one in NY, much less a permit to carry anywhere.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm surprised anyone in NY who isn't politically connected can get a CCL that didn't get him hemmed up and charged for carrying beyond his permit limitations. and unless things have changed for the better (doubtful), you have to spend $125 PER pistol to legally own and register one in NY, much less a permit to carry anywhere.

One of the comments I noticed below the article:

"Stop a mass shooter, you're a hero,
save a cop, you're a hero,
defend yourself or loved one... you're a criminal..."

Talking with a guy last night about firearms in general. Conversation flew around many topics. One came up that I found most interesting:
The fellow with whom I was conversing has a HUGE firearms inventory, all types, calibers, shapes and sizes. From a Gamo air rifle to Barrett .50 BMG and everything in between he has it covered.
Talk shifted to EDC ordnance. His carry sidearm of choice is a 9mm Taurus something or other. A $200 or so handgun. Begs the question…why that? His rationale was that if, God forbid, he ever was in a situation where the pistol has to be used in a lawful way, it would still be gathered up and kept as evidence for who knows how long. I for one don’t want my Hi-Power or Python sitting a locker having to anxiously await
its return for months, years…or longer, hence I see his point, clearly.
Surely something to keep in mind when choosing an EDC sidearm.
Makes sense. 9mm is reliable and if you are going to lose a gun, better it be a cheap one than an expensive one.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Every county in NY is different, the judge gets to decide if an individual gets a permit and what restrictions, if any, will be imposed. It costs me 5 dollars to update my permit with a new gun. My permit is valid anywhere in NY except the 5 boroughs of New
York City.

Top Bottom