What's new

Pocket razor from Germany

I purchased this little guy at an antique shop not to long ago due to it being brand spanking new. One can tell by the ring that is absent around the thread collar when the handle is put on. Well at least it WAS new until my wife put it together whilst I was driving: P So I thought let's give this one a shot.

Weighing in at a mighty 46g around the blue tip weight I found it to be somewhat head heavy due to the hollow handles. Inserting a Gillette Platinum while whipping up and applying good ol Proraso I found the first pass to be mild. By that I mean less aggressive than say a Tuckaway and somewhere in the neighborhood of a Sheraton. I'll also throw in a solid bar comparison being close to an Aristocrat in terms of smoothness.
Then I flipped the razor over. This side was a smidgen more aggressive and closer to a Tuckaway. I was thrilled! Looking at the three holed blade alignment I noticed this side to be extended by a hair. This was welcomed as when it came time to blade buffing it got the closest possible shave rivaling my Barbasol or Tuckaway. My only concern is how this razor would fair against heavy beard. I have light facial hair with some very hard wires closer to my chin area and this razors weight had to be "pushed" while shaving there. This is where I believe matching a heavier handle to this would be a welcome combination. In conclusion a very nice addition to my collection and I'd highly recommend you getting one at a reasonable price.

Attachments

• $IMG_20140727_224926_335.jpg
    $IMG_20140727_224926_335.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I'm glad to hear they shave well right off the showroom floor, so to speak. I have a mismatch frankenrazor sort of thing going on with mine. I put a Gillette New Short Comb head on my two piece handle. I love it. By the way, that's a beautiful razor set you have sir!

Top Bottom