What's new

PLS recommend me the best pre-shave cream and/or oil

Good old fashioned Crisco shortening. The kind that's white and clumpy. Slather your face and stare straight into a heat lamp set on high for about 45 minutes. When you shave, the hair will just melt off of your face.

Along with a good 80% of epidermis.

I’ve started using Percy Nobleman beard oil on my face and body after a shower. Very moisturizing, smells and feels great with high quality natural ingredients. It makes the skin more supple which helps with the shave. It absorbs quickly and leaves a smooth non greasy finish. Labeled as a beard oil it is just a mix of sweet almond, argan and jojoba oils with natural fragrances. It’s a bit thicker consistency but goes on well on wet skin.

There are several other upmarket body oils you can try like Tom Ford Soleil Blanc if you want to drop more money. This one is infused with gold leaf so you can sparkle like an Aztec Emperor before washing the gold down the sink with the lather. I haven’t tried it. I’m happy with the Percy Nobleman version.

I tried a bunch several years back. A year or two ago I found Grooming Dept. I now use it every day.
Thanks, I see GD gets a lot of love on these forums, but my issue is being an ocean apart, literally speaking.

For us Europeans, the cost of shipment for these small items is often bigger than the price of the merchandise itself.

1599811343851.png

I’ve started using Percy Nobleman beard oil on my face and body after a shower. Very moisturizing, smells and feels great with high quality natural ingredients. It makes the skin more supple which helps with the shave. It absorbs quickly and leaves a smooth non greasy finish. Labeled as a beard oil it is just a mix of sweet almond, argan and jojoba oils with natural fragrances. It’s a bit thicker consistency but goes on well on wet skin.

There are several other upmarket body oils you can try like Tom Ford Soleil Blanc if you want to drop more money. This one is infused with gold leaf so you can sparkle like an Aztec Emperor before washing the gold down the sink with the lather. I haven’t tried it. I’m happy with the Percy Nobleman version.
Hey this Percy Nobelman sounds like a good stuff, looked it up on Amazon (UK) and it's available at good price, too.

Looking like an Aztec Emperor lol 😂😂😂

Hey this Percy Nobelman sounds like a good stuff, looked it up on Amazon (UK) and it's available at good price, too.

Looking like an Aztec Emperor lol 😂😂😂
There’s plenty of good stuff in Europe mate. Let the Yanks keep their Grooming Department!

Proraso blue is what I am using every shave and it made my shaves better. No red spots, before I always have some. I like it, planning to try White sensitive one.

Proraso blue is what I am using every shave and it made my shaves better. No red spots, before I always have some. I like it, planning to try White sensitive one.
To my best knowledge there is no Proraso blue pre-shave cream, only Green, White and Red - like the Italian flag 😊

Yes, there is red, green, white, and blue. I used blue itoday's morning, so it really exists.
proxy.php
WOW, that's great, never seen it before. Must be a new thing, as I can see it's the new packaging that came out just recently 😍 😍 😍 . Would love to get a hold of that one, just for a change.

But wait - it's a photoshop, there is no such thing 😕

WOW, that's great, never seen it before. Must be a new thing, as I can see it's the new packaging that came out just recently 😍 😍 😍 . Would love to get a hold of that one, just for a change.

But wait - it's a photoshop, there is no such thing 😕
Hey, if you are from Europe , send me a PM with your address and I will send you a sample from mine, if you dont mind the fact that I use it.

Hey, if you are from Europe , send me a PM with your address and I will send you a sample from mine, if you dont mind the fact that I use it.
I am mate and you're so generous, tank you.

Rather send me a link where you've bought it, I'd really appreciate that.

It's funyn that it's not advertized on the Proraso website.

Can you take a photo of your jar and attach that here? I'd like to actually see it.

It's not that I'm suspicious, I just find it strange there is no mention of it anywhere.

One guy, who tells me he's used many pre shave oils and creams, says, 'you can't beat Clinique shave cream as pre shave.' He then lathers on top top with his regular shaving soap. To him it's been a game changer!

The Italian Noxzema "Pre e Post Barba" might be a good alternative to Proraso.
After only one use I liked it better than the Blue Proraso but that was some time ago. I decided to finish the blue Proraso before fully test the Noxzema (might end in the next two shaves).

I shower, then I wash with CeraVe facial cleanser. This works as well or better than any pre-shave product that I have tried. This fits with the theory traditional ‘wet’ shaving is about hydrating your skin and beard.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am mate and you're so generous, tank you.

Rather send me a link where you've bought it, I'd really appreciate that.

It's funyn that it's not advertized on the Proraso website.

Can you take a photo of your jar and attach that here? I'd like to actually see it.

It's not that I'm suspicious, I just find it strange there is no mention of it anywhere.
You can buy it here Proraso Protective Pre/Post Shave Cream Blue 100ml - https://shavingstation.co.uk/products/proraso-protective-pre-post-shave-cream-blue-100ml

Or here Proraso Pre Shave Cream - Protective | 100ml - https://www.thegroomingclinic.com/proraso-pre-shave-cream-protective-100ml.html

One guy, who tells me he's used many pre shave oils and creams, says, 'you can't beat Clinique shave cream as pre shave.' He then lathers on top top with his regular shaving soap. To him it's been a game changer!
This is what I actually do with blue Nivea shaving cream. I massage it in on my wet face than latter up the soap on top of it. I wouldn't call it a game changer exactly, but my shaves are usually pretty good, BBS, no harm.

Again, I am exploring other options, as I'm tired of Proraso red, green, white scents. Actually @SillyPancake has solved my problems, as I'm getting the Proraso BLUE pre-shave (yeah that's right blue pre-shave) hopefully n/w. I've just placed an order.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Top Bottom