Currently using

1. CK one Summer ( finishing ) - for work
2. Santa Maria Novella ( Eva ) - for special occasions
3. Terre de Hermes - for fridays / weekends

Used before and loving it
Clinique Simple
CK Eternity
Issey Miyake

Any recommendations to replace my CK one Summer based on my frag profile?

p/s : no old man frag ( like old spice ) BUT manly ones are welcome :). Cheers

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well you've mentioned 2 I really like, so I think you may like:

Chanel - Bleu de Chanel

You've got the Eau De Toilette, which is nice, or the Eau De Parfum, which in my opinion is even better.
It could be one for weekends and/or special occasions, but depending on how you feel, it could also be something to wear into the office. My main reason for recommending is you've named a few with citrus notes, which Bleu also has.

Alternatively:

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue - it's a citrus scent, but like Issey Miyake it has good base notes including Musk, which means it works around the year and not just as a summer scent.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme -this is a classic. It has been reformulated recently, though to my nose it's not massively different. It is more of a spicy/citrus. Definitely a masculine scent.

Ralph Lauren Polo Black - a woody scent but it also has some fruity notes in it - apparently tangerine, lemon and melon - and this makes it a bit fresh, but not too much. This is a scent you can wear to work and on a night out, and it works all year around.

Based on what you are using and have used, consider Blue Jeans by Versace. Very affordable, and typically goes over well.

Chanel Platinum Egoiste. To me its a more grown up take on Abercrombie and Fitch's Fierce. Mont Blanc Legend is also close but I think the longevity and overall quality of the juice is better with Chanel.

Versace Man Eau Fraiche is another one to try. This is citrusy and more of a summer/spring fragrance.

If you have ever tried Acqua Di Gio but want something cheaper with a little bit more spice and longevity check out Perry Ellis 360 Red. You can find this dirt cheap online and you will see many reviewers prefer this to the more expensive Acqua di Gio.

I don't know if you would consider YSL Rive Gauche and "old man fragrance" but to me its a great cool weather work scent. Its definitely got the older school barbershop smell and is very creamy like an even more rich version of barbasol shaving cream. I'm 29 years old and I think this is the ultimate manly scent.

I have to agree with CanadianDude. Two of my Favorites are
Green Irish Tweed and Pure Malt... I also like Silver Mountain water and Aventus.
Your best bet is to look up a few of the Decant websites, you can find more info on Basenotes Forum.
It's best to try some samples/decants before you purchase a full bottle..

Based on what you are using and have used, consider Blue Jeans by Versace. Very affordable, and typically goes over well.

As always, great to see another vote for this fine, yet 'very affordable' fragrance. I can vouch that you will get complimented for wearing this at some point as I've received my fair share when wearing this. It also comes in one of the best containers you can get, and the bottle looks like a classic Coca Cola bottle.

I'll be wearing Blue Jeans tomorrow now.

Top Bottom