What's new

Plissons 5533 Shaving Brush - Size 12 - Walnut Burr Handle with Grey Bristles

Can anyone provide me with any opinion or feedback on thi bristle. s shaving brush? I am taking it to be a pure badger bristle. My wife is suggesting it to be a good Father's Day present for me.

I'm not familiar with that model number, but I've been using a size 10 Plisson Pur Blaireau brush in rotation for a couple of years. No one would mistake the black knot for a Plisson HMW or a Simpsons Best, but it looks fine and performs like a champ. It retains water and heat through a full shave. It lathers both soap and cream quickly and efficiently, and the knot is springy but with all the backbone you could want. The tips are not soft or pillow-like, but the feel of the knot and lather on my face is kind of fun. It tickles a little, but it's far from scratchy. I enjoy using it. Also, it literally hasn't shed 1 hair. So what's not to like.

The label on the one I found say Pure Badger in French. The only handle I found that looks like that one is a fake walnut burl, from Plisson's Web site:
Traditional Plissons’s shaving brush with octagonal fine resin handle finished with a stylish, faux burled walnut faceted design.​
Not saying that it's bad, but I would be disappointed if I expected a wood handle and got a synthetic handle. Some people prefer synthetic handles. Much more stable and less concern about effects of water.

I'm not familiar with that model number, but I've been using a size 10 Plisson Pur Blaireau brush in rotation for a couple of years. No one would mistake the black knot for a Plisson HMW or a Simpsons Best, but it looks fine and performs like a champ. It retains water and heat through a full shave. It lathers both soap and cream quickly and efficiently, and the knot is springy but with all the backbone you could want. The tips are not soft or pillow-like, but the feel of the knot and lather on my face is kind of fun. It tickles a little, but it's far from scratchy. I enjoy using it. Also, it literally hasn't shed 1 hair. So what's not to like.
Thanks for yuour response - any chance of a photo so I can see the handle shape?

The handle is Plisson generic black Persian-jar shape. It looks like the handle on the Plisson with a synthetic knot.

Can anyone provide me with any opinion or feedback on thi bristle. s shaving brush? I am taking it to be a pure badger bristle. My wife is suggesting it to be a good Father's Day present for me.

Sir Innes, let me state categorically, any Plisson brush is of high quality!!
And, your wife deserves much appreciation for her (even belated) Father's Day gift!!

haslinger plisson thiers issard penhaligon lords institut karite january 29 2016.jpg

Top Bottom