What's new

Plisson1808.com Sale

Original Shaving Brush China Grey , 8 , 10 , 12 , $66.17 , 77.20 , 84.56

Original Shaving Brush China Grey - Fabrication Française - Plisson 1808 - https://www.plisson1808.com/en/blaireaux-plisson/623-1144-original-shaving-brush-china-grey-.html#/2-size-12_standard_size/56-couleur_concept-bleu_nacré

I have this brush is size 8 . Wonderfully scritch , and great flow through .
I think the gents on this board would call it floppy , well , creates a great lather in the bowl and I do face lather with it at times .
But yes , it's floppy ; it's a Plisson !
proxy.php

Glad that you like the scritch! I typically avoid most pure badgers due to tips being too harsh. Most often they are clipped. I wouldn't believe this to be the case with Plisson in this grade. A photo from a user that is clear would be better in telling, and then also seeing a good number of said knots in said grade. I know from experience Simpson Pure and Shavemac Pure can be quite excellent. Not a lot of scritch however in the Shavemac, but you can find some models of Simpson with a bit there.

That's one thing about Plisson is they don't overload the knot with badger. To some they bemoan this fact, but it is a good thing to experience a brush with less density to it, and a taller loft I feel so that you can experience a brush that is more conductive to lathering. Just as a Chubby is a unique experience with all that hair and density, it is a unique experience getting to use a brush with less density and a bit more loft to see the vast variety shaving brushes can offer to the individual in use.

Floppy is not a word that comes to mind when I use my High Mountain White and European White brushes. This type of tall lofted brush has fallen out of favour recently but I love them. Superb little lather machines that hold the soap neatly in the knot and release it readily to the face. Excellent brushes all around.

F638DFBB-55E3-4286-A626-38E43CCC9AD1.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, my HMW is not a floppy one - unless you compare to Shavemac D01 2-Band.

The old L'Occitane and new "white fiber" synthetic Plissons are, indeed, floppy. The white fiber in solid brass handle is also super sparse. Nevertheless, I can whip super lather from my hard soaps with all of them without any problems and enjoy the differences in the experience.

Top Bottom