What's new

Plisson solid brass DE razor

This caught my eye,

Solid brass palladium engraved
proxy.php

Searching B&B and YouTube it seems nobody has yet reviewed the Plisson solid brass DE razor. I've posted it here to document it.

Formerly know as Joris (try searching for this). Also head is made by same people as Fatip, in Italy.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thanks. Plisson, shame on you, it's not nice to fool with Badger and Bladers.
The Joris has always been the Plisson Joris. I own the razor you posted. Fantastic razor and beautiful. It's very aggressive and smooth. If you order from Plisson vs Frendrihan you save a lot of money. Mine from Plisson was a hundred and twenty some dollars shipping included.

The Joris has always been the Plisson Joris. I own the razor you posted. Fantastic razor and beautiful. It's very aggressive and smooth. If you order from Plisson vs Frendrihan you save a lot of money. Mine from Plisson was a hundred and twenty some dollars shipping included.
How is the grip on the handle? It looks very sleek, but nice!

It's nice. It's sleek and not very grippy. I'm probably not the guy to ask because things like that don't bother me. You'll probably not want soap on your fingers.:001_smile
Thanks. It looks grippier than the Merkur Progress, so I'd probably like the feel of it.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thanks. It looks grippier than the Merkur Progress, so I'd probably like the feel of it.
Your welcome. I think it has a tad more grip than the Muhle r89/41 stock handle. I like it. The handle is solid brass palladium plated, so the whole razor weighs in at about a hundred and ten grams with excellent balance. The shape is neat too because for a long handle you don't really notice the length. :001_smile

Thanks for pointing this out!
You're welcome. I'm sure that some of our Italian and French members can say more about this. Razor heads are made by Fatip in Premana, they're same as Fatip made heads, with better quality control (in last couple of years, Fatip has improved this, so they're pretty close). Razor handles and plating is probably done somewhere else, maybe even by Plisson. They should be able to do it because they have big experience in making beautiful brush handles from brass.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
You're welcome. I'm sure that some of our Italian and French members can say more about this. Razor heads are made by Fatip in Premana, they're same as Fatip made heads, with better quality control (in last couple of years, Fatip has improved this, so they're pretty close). Razor handles and plating is probably done somewhere else, maybe even by Plisson. They should be able to do it because they have big experience in making beautiful brush handles from brass.

alex2363 is the guy to ask about anything Plisson Joris related. He says the Joris head is of course a Fatip refined by Plisson. Alex is the founder of Joris/Fatip Lovers (JFL) in Clubs and brotherhoods which I'm a proud member.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thanks for pointing this out!
It is a bit of a misnomer that the Plisson razor is formerly known as the Joris razor. Joris is a modern incarnation of Plisson company and is Plisson. There are threads here going back to 2009 about Plisson Joris and the names have been used interchangeably or together in regards to the razor. If the razor is a Joris or a Plisson goes way back and from the threads I gather it has a lot to do with where the razor is bought regionally. The link I'm providing here from 2013 where Alex say's, "The Joris is a Fatip razor head that is refinished and slightly enhanced in France by Plisson razor company".

Curious about Joris DE Razors

Last edited:
The heads are slightly different, the number of teeth in the comb is not the same as a Fatip to beging with...

Top Bottom