What's new

Plisson shaving brush repair

T

transfers

I have a Plisson shaving brush less than 1 year old, stored correctly, and the bristles have separated from the base. Do you know what kind of glue I should use to stick it back together?
It was brought in France, but I can not find any information on the manufacturer, and returning it is not really an option. I hope you can help.

David Walsh

transfers said:
I have a Plisson shaving brush less than 1 year old, stored correctly, and the bristles have separated from the base. Do you know what kind of glue I should use to stick it back together?
It was brought in France, but I can not find any information on the manufacturer, and returning it is not really an option. I hope you can help.

David Walsh
David,
I suggest contacting Atkinsons, at (800)803-0233 (Tuesday thru Saturday). As I have no idea what time zone you are located in, they are in Vancouver BC and have store hours from 10:00 to 4:00 their time.:smile:
As one of the best known dealers of Plisson brushes in North America, they will more than likely provide you with information for getting service.

Is it a plug brush? I have a cheap pure badger plug brush and one day its plug just fell out. I ended up using some Devcon "Weldit" All purpose adhesive - I'm sure that's a big faux pas, but it has held up very well.:confused:

edit: whoops- didn't realize this thread was from January

zacharydz said:
Is it a plug brush? I have a cheap pure badger plug brush and one day its plug just fell out. I ended up using some Devcon "Weldit" All purpose adhesive - I'm sure that's a big faux pas, but it has held up very well.:confused:

edit: whoops- didn't realize this thread was from January
Not too worry. Your experience has revitalized the thread.:001_smile

Top Bottom