What's new

plisson shave cream

I ordered a brush from Plisson a while ago and they sent me a tube of their shaving cream. I just got the tube, no box as shown in the pictures on their website.

After looking up the ingredients, I thought it wouldn't work for me so I put it on BST. Well several months later now and it hasn't yet sold. So I decided to give it a try today.

Fortunately, it didn't cause skin irritation like I was expecting it to. I have tried looking up the ingredients again, but can't find them. I saw some place that it's actually made in England.

It lathered nicely and the scent seemed very familiar. After a while I realized it reminded me of Art of Shaving Sandalwood which was my go-to cream before AoS got acquired by P&G. The scent lingers for a long time, and I have mixed thoughts about it now. It's not unpleasant, but it does feel a bit artificial.

Anyone else use this cream? What do you think of it.

I have received a free tube every time I ordered a brush and used them, they are rather good but to expensive to buy for me. My tubes where of another color so don't know if the creme is the same.

...I have tried looking up the ingredients again, but can't find them...
  • Shaving Cream
Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Peg-7, Olive Oil,Carboxylate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Chamomilla, Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Benzy Benzoate, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Linalool, Mathylparaben, Propylparaben.

...I saw some place that it's actually made in England...it reminded me of Art of Shaving Sandalwood which was my go-to cream before AoS got acquired by P&G...
Creightons use to make TAOS, DRH and TOBS; the company still makes T&H, GFT, SJOL and presumably Plisson.

Last edited:
  • Shaving Cream
Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Peg-7, Olive Oil,Carboxylate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Chamomilla, Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Benzy Benzoate, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Linalool, Mathylparaben, Propylparaben.

Creightons use to make TAOS, DRH and TOBS; the company still makes T&H, GFT, SJOL and presumably, Plisson.
Thanks.

Plisson customer service just sent me the following for the list of ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Parfum (Fragrance), Triethanolamine, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool.

I see these two missing from the list they sent: Chamomilla, Recutita (Matricaria) Extract

Creightons being the manufacturer would make sense. The performance was similar to AoS and SJOL.

Top Bottom