What's new

Plisson Prices in France

My girlfriend is about to take a year long trip to france and I was just wondering, do you guys know if buying a Plisson brush while she is over there would be significantly cheaper. I was thinking of buying a synthetic brush (man-u) but if I can get a really good deal on a Plisson while I'm visiting her I might pick one up.

It really depends on the Euro conversion at the time of the purchase. You may save a few bucks due not paying shipping. Good luck.

Please accept my apology in advance for this reply. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, but I thought I'd offer some tough-love advice.

My own experience in a long distance relationship was not so wonderful, but I honestly, deeply, sincerely wish you and your girlfriend the best of luck.

With this in mind, and with the full realization that you'll probably hate me for writing this...

I would recommend avoiding the Plisson. If the relationship goes sour, every daily shave will be a painful reminder of either your French speaking ex-girlfriend, or the Frenchman that stole her.

JMTC

Bartelby said:
...My own experience in a long distance relationship was not so wonderful, but I honestly, deeply, sincerely wish you and your girlfriend the best of luck...

JMTC

JMTC, I am sorry to hear that you suffered because of a long distance relationship... Also, and unrelated to the LD relationships, does the username Bartleby by any chance make reference to the film Dogma? A couple of us had a little Kevin Smith discussion here a few days ago and I have to ask...

However, I can say that not all long distance relationships fail... I spent a year living away from my soon-to-be wife and we made it work... To make a long distance relationship work requires two things (IMO): first you need two very committed people; second, you (both of you) need to want to make it work... also helpful is a good long distance phone plan :biggrin: ...

John (jbasl), as for Plisson Prices in France... I'm afraid that I can offer no guidance there... but let us know if (when) you do get one.

Joel had mentioned that if the B&B custom brush deal falls through that he might put together a group buy for custom Plissons.
Cheers, DJ.

I had seen the post by Joel thats what turned me on to Plisson. Thanks for all the tips. I'll check out the prices when I'm there, but won't expect any spectacular discounts.

As far as the concern about the relationship, I'm not all that concerned but thanks anyway.

NMMB,

JMTC was actually intended as "just my two cents" and not my name - which is actually Rob. Bartelby however is from Melville's short story "Bartelby the Scrivener" whose main character is the exasperating non-conformist who answers every request with the response "I'd prefer not to". That answer is how I felt about shaving for the first 15 or so years before I found B&B.

I can't say I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith, but anyone who casts Alanis Morisette as God has my comedic?/artistic? respect.

Bartelby said:
NMMB,

JMTC was actually intended as "just my two cents" and not my name - which is actually Rob...

Rob,

I guess my acronym-ignorance is showing itself again... As for the "Bartelby" Q, I had to ask since i've been discussing the movies with a few people recently.

Top Bottom