What's new

Plisson Owners Club

Let’s see your Plisson! All shapes, sizes, ages and grades welcome. What do you like/dislike? How long have you had it? How many do you have?

Here’s a look at my Genuine Horn HMW #12. My first and so far only Plisson straight from France

I’ve had this beauty going in rotation for about a month now. I love the combination of the long loft, soft tips and springy hairs. The 22mm knot is a great size and it wipes up lather like a champ. The genuine horn has has a beautiful translucent property that shimmers and plays with the light. The colour seems to change in different lighting. Good heft and comfort in the hand.

I was impressed with the Plisson service. They sent detailed photos of several models so that I could pick one I liked.

I didn’t realise before buying this that the handles are actually made up of several pieces of horn rather than one solid piece. It doesn’t really bother me but it’s worth noting.
image.jpg

Here’s a look at my Genuine Horn HMW #12. My first and so far only Plisson straight from France

I’ve had this beauty going in rotation for about a month now. I love the combination of the long loft, soft tips and springy hairs. The 22mm knot is a great size and it wipes up lather like a champ. The genuine horn has has a beautiful translucent property that shimmers and plays with the light. The colour seems to change in different lighting. Good heft and comfort in the hand.

I was impressed with the Plisson service. They sent detailed photos of several models so that I could pick one I liked.

I didn’t realise before buying this that the handles are actually made up of several pieces of horn rather than one solid piece. It doesn’t really bother me but it’s worth noting.
View attachment 1066097
Ok- i am really interested in how you tracked down your brush from France. Just hit their website with your list of attributes [size knot etc]?

Thx in advance

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok- i am really interested in how you tracked down your brush from France. Just hit their website with your list of attributes [size knot etc]?

Thx in advance

Just head to the website and choose your options. When I placed the order I included a note about what I was looking for and asked them to forward a photo before delivery. The sales team sent me a few options of what they had available and I picked one from that. I’m sure it’s a PITA for them but they were very nice about it. I had already placed an order so they knew I wasn’t being a time waster. I also didn’t ask for thousands of options but picked the best of three which they chosen based on my discription. I really wish you could see them in a retail store first but that’s not available where I am and Paris is a bit far to go shopping.

The Horn has a lot of natural variation and each bush has its own personality. The true colour is very hard to capture on a photo. Because of the translucent nature the colour changes a lot depending on how the light hits it. Mine has a touch of green to it which I wasn’t getting from the photos but I like it. It’s my brush and there isn’t another one exactly like it. They are very beautiful pieces. I just wish I could find a vintage ivory one for sale. That would complete my brush collection. Bear in mind that 19% sales tax is deducted when they ship outside of the EU. It’s still an indulgence for sure but these brushes have a certain je ne sais qoui that adds to the experience.

I have small (no. 8?) HMW and a slightly larger (no. 10?) Pur Blaireau. They're different from any other brush I 've ever used.

The HMW knot seems floppy when I handle it. But it generates lather like equals larger and stiffer knots--speed, amount and creaminess. The face feel is ultra luxurious, especially considering the small size.

The Pur is of course much stiffer and springier, but it also generates lather like a champ and holds moisture and heat better than it has any right to. It's a bit scritchy on the face, but I kind of like it. My shavemac pure badger brush beats it in the overall experience but not by much.

Practical points:
- In several years of use in regular rotation, neither brush has lost even one hair that I've seen.
- Both brushes look new, except that part of the decal on the little HMW has disappeared. It now says "Haut Mont".
- The bulbous resin handles are lighter in weight than the handles on my other brushes. Some may find the lightweight feel chintzy. But I like the balance, and the shape is easy on wet hands.

As I type, I'm talking myself into buying another one, maybe a no. 12 with resin or wood handle and a Euro gray or Euro white knot? Can any of you describe the differences between these knots?

Just head to the website and choose your options. When I placed the order I included a note about what I was looking for and asked them to forward a photo before delivery. The sales team sent me a few options of what they had available and I picked one from that. I’m sure it’s a PITA for them but they were very nice about it. I had already placed an order so they knew I wasn’t being a time waster. I also didn’t ask for thousands of options but picked the best of three which they chosen based on my discription. I really wish you could see them in a retail store first but that’s not available where I am and Paris is a bit far to go shopping.

The Horn has a lot of natural variation and each bush has its own personality. The true colour is very hard to capture on a photo. Because of the translucent nature the colour changes a lot depending on how the light hits it. Mine has a touch of green to it which I wasn’t getting from the photos but I like it. It’s my brush and there isn’t another one exactly like it. They are very beautiful pieces. I just wish I could find a vintage ivory one for sale. That would complete my brush collection. Bear in mind that 19% sales tax is deducted when they ship outside of the EU. It’s still an indulgence for sure but these brushes have a certain je ne sais qoui that adds to the experience.

Big thanks. Much appreciate the info. Headed to the website this weekend!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have a size 12 European White in the black resin handle, this is my only Plisson badger. I had also one of the synthetics, but they are truly crap, they are like a wet mop.

I have several Plisson shaving brushes(6) and the only one I have that doesn't possess a wimpy, floppy, way less than dense knot is one I chose to re-knot myself. They make lather but it is a weak, floppy experience to me? I like the idea of Plisson shaving brushes for some reason?--- but none have been very satisfactory. Except for that one I re-knotted, of course. I really don't see how Plisson can get away with such floppy sparce hair knots? Just MHO?

Top Bottom