What's new

Plisson information

Does anybody have a web/email address for Plisson, or better yet do you know of a British distributor for their products?
Regards,
AJS

AJS said:
Does anybody have a web/email address for Plisson, or better yet do you know of a British distributor for their products?
Regards,
AJS

They do not have a web address/email address or web presence at all... in fact... they are nototriously difficult to deal with which is why they are not widely distributed in english speaking countries. Honestly.... whatever info you are looking for, you'll have a much better chance asking on the forum. :frown:

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at getting one of their shaving bowls and I noticed that Atkinsons didn't seem to carry them, just wanted to see if they had an alternative distributor.
Regards,
AJS

AJS said:
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at getting one of their shaving bowls and I noticed that Atkinsons didn't seem to carry them, just wanted to see if they had an alternative distributor.
Regards,
AJS

As Peter mentioned you might want to try shaving and razor shop. I do forewarn you however - the plisson bowls START at $50 and can be well over $100, and when you throw in shipping from overseas, you are talking about some serious coin, for a plane jane bowl. Hey - if you like it, more power to ya, but you might want to check some local places for suitable bowls first.

S

Sam

Just to add to this. Colonial Drug in Boston is carrying Plisson brushes. I speak with a girl named Cathy there. She tells me that Plisson has more stuff than what is depicted on their catalogue. Yes, Atkinsons has a catalogue on line, but call Cathy. She has Simpsons brushes, Castle Forbes, Plisson, Tabac, and quite a selection of great colognes (Knize Ten, Roget & Galllett, and others). She is in the midst of doing a website so you can order. She will be price competitive on the Plissons. One thing is that they will need to charge a bit more since they will be very customer-oriented. She will handpick a brush for you.

Plisson has a black hair brush and I was tempted to get one. She felt them all on her face and felt that from what I told her, I might not like it as much, or if I got one, maybe to get a small one

Sam

Sam said:
Just to add to this. Colonial Drug in Boston is carrying Plisson brushes. I speak with a girl named Cathy there. She tells me that Plisson has more stuff than what is depicted on their catalogue. Yes, Atkinsons has a catalogue on line, but call Cathy. She has Simpsons brushes, Castle Forbes, Plisson, Tabac, and quite a selection of great colognes (Knize Ten, Roget & Galllett, and others). She is in the midst of doing a website so you can order. She will be price competitive on the Plissons. One thing is that they will need to charge a bit more since they will be very customer-oriented. She will handpick a brush for you.

Plisson has a black hair brush and I was tempted to get one. She felt them all on her face and felt that from what I told her, I might not like it as much, or if I got one, maybe to get a small one

Sam
They've been around (Colonial) for some time. I am surprised to see them venture in to the WEB WORLD.

S

Sam

Plisson does not have its own web site and from what I had learned, they do not sell directly. Ron, yes, Colonial has been reading the Wetshavers and the Shavemyface website and I think it started more when Cliff ran in one day and mentioned our forums. Not to say he was the first but it seemed that it took off when he went in and asked Cathy a question and mentioned SMF. I think someone else had been in and mentioned that they had dealt with Cathy and she was very knowledgeable. I even think Nathan had spoken to her in person or on the phone even before all that, as it was posted in the forum that Colonial was the only US carrier of Plisson brushes.

Ron, I know you know a lot about the older colognes and Colonial has 4711, Knize 10, and many others. They just got in a big shipment of Coates creams (lavendar especially) and they are getting a whole bunch of Simpson's brushes. If anyone needed to call and ask about a particular brush, I told Cathy in a call that I would direct them to her. She does not mind spending the time trying to feel one or get one in her hands while you are talking to her. It is a couple a months more before they get photos

sam

Sam said:
Plisson does not have its own web site and from what I had learned, they do not sell directly. Ron, yes, Colonial has been reading the Wetshavers and the Shavemyface website and I think it started more when Cliff ran in one day and mentioned our forums. Not to say he was the first but it seemed that it took off when he went in and asked Cathy a question and mentioned SMF. I think someone else had been in and mentioned that they had dealt with Cathy and she was very knowledgeable. I even think Nathan had spoken to her in person or on the phone even before all that, as it was posted in the forum that Colonial was the only US carrier of Plisson brushes.

Ron, I know you know a lot about the older colognes and Colonial has 4711, Knize 10, and many others. They just got in a big shipment of Coates creams (lavendar especially) and they are getting a whole bunch of Simpson's brushes. If anyone needed to call and ask about a particular brush, I told Cathy in a call that I would direct them to her. She does not mind spending the time trying to feel one or get one in her hands while you are talking to her. It is a couple a months more before they get photos

sam
Thanks Sam. That's good to know. Another quiver-full in our arsenal of bolts. Just by the by, there are one or two boutiques in NYC that carry Plissons, but to discuss the prices would be an affront to all right-thinking lads that dare venture into Manahattan.:001_rolle

Top Bottom