What's new

Plissoft Monster PIF

I'm so in. I've been wanting one of these but I'm doing the Yearly Sabbatical. I actually have a 30mm Whipped Dog I would have traded you for this if I'd have known. Too late now, I guess you'll just have to choose me as the winner.

And that's the product I wish I would have liked more. I'm a head shaver, so I was hoping that 30mm knot would hold a bunch of lather and keep me from needing to reload for every pass. Might have been true if it didn't have so much backbone. I'm almost entirely devoted to the fauxmere knots now.

Thanks Mike.

Last edited:
If I get it I'll make sure to put lots of soap on it.
Question isn't anyone concerned about using a used brush? I'm a newb so maybe there is a disinfecting procedure?

Not in, but there have been quite a few things I've been disappointed in. Shaving creams in general. Have not found one that I really enjoy performance wise compared to soaps. TOBS brand shaving cream tubs. Great scent on a few of them I own, but they just seem to burn / irritate my face. Feather blades. Learned about them on here, but they are just not what the doctor ordered.

True but soap doesn't disinfect? Maybe I'm missing something. What if the person you are getting it from has a contagious skin disease? I'm being hypothetical. I just think it is odd that folks are so willing to use a brush from a complete stranger...

I'm sorry it was a joke. I dont think any of the gentlemen here would offer something that would cause harm.

Not in, but nice. Wish I could figure out if the problem with CRSW Bergamot and bay is me or the soap. Just doesn't perform like I want after 5-7 shaves.

Fantastic PIF - Not in! Used mine this morning! It's a great brush, more than I expected from a synthetic. It was a huge upgrade from my cheap best badger. I've had some great lathers with TOBS and this brush.

True but soap doesn't disinfect? Maybe I'm missing something. What if the person you are getting it from has a contagious skin disease? I'm being hypothetical. I just think it is odd that folks are so willing to use a brush from a complete stranger...

I'm sure some people are. That being said - dish soap and water is all you need to believe that silverware is okay to put in your mouth after someone else. Skin is a bit less invasive. Also, hands a gross, they touch a ton of stuff all day, including your face. I think I'd feel better about the face brush... but I get it.

there are ways to clean a brush,

disinfectant soaps, vinegar mixed with water, alcohol shampoo and water.... there are more options available it all depends on what that person feels best with.

I'm in an thanks. The one thing I really wanted to work for me was the Palmolive Shave Stick. I really like the cream but couldn't quite get the stick to do the same.

I'm in ... Good Luck to all who enter.

I really wanted to like Provence Sante soap ... it lathered up rich, creamy and smelled fantastic. When I put it on my face the whiskers seemed to melt into buttery softness.

But when I applied the razor, I got lots of tugging and irritation ... I finished the shave, but it wasn't even up to a CCS standard. Lots of missed spots and redness and irritation and my skin was burning.

I gave the PS soap 3 more chances over the next month, but I got the same results every time. I eventually chucked it in the trash. It is the one of very, very few items I've had to ban from my den.

I'm in.

Really wanted to like the original Cremo shaving cream but just never did.
The scent is pretty iffy and I always get minor irritation / razor burn in spots when I use it.
I can still use it as a pre-shave, works OK for that but not shave cream.

Last edited:
I'm in, as I keep thinking about ordering a Plissoft Monster.

Wish I liked my Asylum synthetic, but it's only been used twice in 8 months. If I win the Plissoft, I'll PIF the one I like least.

I'm in. Astra Blades. Lots of folks seem to like them but not me. Glad they were free with an order from West Coast.

I'm in...really wanted to like whipped dog badger brush. I've tried two different sizes and they are just not to my liking.

very nice and count me in. I picked up a 1906 Single ring in a pawnshop for $10. structurally it's in excellent shape, although it's lost some silver. I do not like the way it shaves...at all. I tried it three days in a row and never felt comfortable. I would love to say I've got a 110 year old razor in my regular rotation. I don't.

very nice and count me in. I picked up a 1906 Single ring in a pawnshop for $10. structurally it's in excellent shape, although it's lost some silver. I do not like the way it shaves...at all. I tried it three days in a row and never felt comfortable. I would love to say I've got a 110 year old razor in my regular rotation. I don't.

Leave it in the rotation, just pinch hit every time it comes up... then you you can say it!

I have an English Single Ring of unknown vintage ... I think its maybe from around 1915, but English patent and serial numbers don't line up the way their American counterparts do.

I don't like this razor, either. I'm not a fan of the Open Comb design, so it is assigned to drawer duty and when people ask "What's the Oldest Razor that you own?" i can definitely say its that one. But I don't shave with it anymore, it has purely collectible status.

Top Bottom