What's new

"Pleese" Three Piece

I tried this out today with the Derby.

I'm not a big fan of the three piece razors so far, but this one hit a sweet spot in terms of heft and balance. I could use very little pressure but could still get those hairs a-pinging off. Still have to be careful around the corners of my mouth, got some razor burn there today. "Razor Burn Corners", population 1.

This Pleese is a vintage DE apparently made by the British during their time in Palestine just after World War II, according to the seller.

You have really peeked my interest on this one. I'm more of a collector (and user) of old (and new) German razors. There's something about them I really like. But this one looks interesting and I've never heard of it or the manufacture. do you have any more information and where did you find it?

You have really peeked my interest on this one. I'm more of a collector (and user) of old (and new) German razors. There's something about them I really like. But this one looks interesting and I've never heard of it or the manufacture. do you have any more information and where did you find it?

I got it off eBay, seller "reemuri". He's a great seller, and usually has something in the way of razors to offer. He might have some more, you never know.

Straight Arrow, if I had done a search before, I would have just added to your thread. Sorry about that. Yes, it is a nice little shaver. I was pleasantly surprised this morning.

Thanks David I'll keep my eyes open.:biggrin1:

In the mean time I'm open to purchasing any Old or Unique "German" made razor. Just bought a Mulcuto and a Rotbard. The Mulcuto is a type of slant bar with one side larger than the other. It also has a bakelite or plastic base for the blade with a metal top cover. Came in the original cardboard box, paper cover, and instructions. All in German of course. Just arrived today. I need my mom's help in translating the instructions for me. I speak and write German pretty good, but she likes to help and it gives her something to do and makes it easier for me (she's 76 and still going strong).:smile:

The Rotbard I bought from a seller in Bulgaria. It came in its original tin box, had two blades and is a 3 piece model. Looks like an old open comb Merkur and was probably made in Solingen (weren't they all) by Merkur (I'm guessing).

Give me a shout if you know of any I might be interested in. I'll look at them and make an offer if I don't already have one.:biggrin:

Top Bottom